Last night we had another trip to the hospital. We put the kids to bed, organised a kind babysitter and headed off for blood tests to see if there was any infection as I have been in a lot of pain the last few days. By 1am we could go home and they would let us know the results later. At 4am I got a phonecall from the hospital and was given the all clear. It wasn't a wasted trip as I had a dressing change on the wound which is now more comfortable and I was given some much stronger painkillers to cope with the pain. I am to take it easy. (no more vacumming for me - hee hee!!)
While sitting around at the hospital from 10pm until after midnight when I finally saw a doctor I thought I'd keep busy with some handwork. I had grabbed my sewing bag so quickly that I hadn't looked inside and I hadn't noticed that I'd taken my needlecase out!! I couldn't sew a stitch as I didn't have a single needle with me. I was so annoyed at wasting all that time that I could have been sewing. So instead DH and I played "I spy".... I spy a drip stand, I spy a heart rate monitor... It was actually quite fun :-)
Now I'm in bed again. getting up every now and again to keep active, but not moving the furniture around LOL.
In my previous post, I was giving away some 'bits and bobs'. I used a random number generator as everyone is out. Joyce (no blog) has won the bits and scrappy quilter has won a surprise! Please let me have your snail mail addresses and I'll pop your goodies off in the post.
22 comments:
Ek is so jammer jy moes weer hospitaal toe gaan. Ek hoop die medisyne werk. Ai, ek hoop die pyn en infeksie is iets van die verlede! Geniet jou prys wat jy gewen het.
Oops, jy het die prys weggegee. My 'mistake" 'n Bietjie humor is ook goeie medisyne wanneer mens siek is.
Do take care of yourself - (unfortunately !) the housework won't be going anywhere whilst you 'relax' :-).....Luv AJ
OMG-- no needles in a hospital..?
Take care, you’ve done too much housework. That’s absolutely not OK!
Take it easy!
Congratulations to the winners!
Love the first two comments from Millie in African... I so love the sound of that beautiful language!
I'm so sorry you're in so much pain. No one wants to vacuum, but there must be an easier way out! Take care of yourself, heal quickly.
Hope you are feeling much better soon!
I surprised myself that I was able to understand 3/4 of Millie's messages. Guess after three years the Afrikaans is finally sinking in :)
Oh no! You poor thing; at least it isn't an infection. Please do be careful - like Ann said the housework isn't going to run away because you neglect it! Please try to leave it alone - even if just for another week. I know it's tough when you have little ones but if you rest now you're going to get better much quicker and will be able to do so much more.
Take care
Kx
Your positive attitude is positively encouraging. May the healing escalate because of it!
You must take care of yourself first. The vacuuming will still be there next week. I hope you are able to relax a little this week.
Take time to heal the housework will always be there. Rest and enjoy working on your beautiful quilt. Looks like you've got a lot done.
I knew you were doing too much too soon! I hope you get some well deserved rest and that you heal up soon! Take it easy!
Congratulations to your winners. I am so sorry that you will have to cut out the housework for a while. So very sad... LOL
Must be a problem with my feeds, I've missed out on your blogs again! It's goodto hear that you are alright and home again. Do as you are advised, rest and take it easy for a while.
Take care of yourself girl! Those painkillers are great but they sometimes make it hard to notice when things aren't going well.
I still can't believe there wasn't any needles....
You poor thing! Take it easy and get better soon! Let them all take care of you! :)
Kristie
I hope that your new pain medication helps to ease the pain and please take it easy and do not over do, I know easier said than done. Have a great day!
That's it NO housework, let the vacumm cleaner gather dust, you need to get better!!
Hugs
Jo
I would have been shattered not to find a needle too . Get well soon .
Clares Craftroom
I told you not to do too much too soon! Just take it easy - hopefully a midnight trip to the hospital will have given Mark a big enough nudge to realise that he will have to wait on you a little more - as for vacuuming it will always keep no matter how much it might drive you mad - now sit yourself down with a nice cup of tea and indulge in some more rosy hexagons - agreed?
Try to RELAX. Otherwise it will take much, much longer time to get better.
I'm so glad that there was no infection. My husband got an infection, and it was a long road for him. Even though it is awfully hard to do, just take it easy as you can and take care of yourself.
mental note to put extra needles in your purse for "just in case" emergencies!! I hope the leg is healing better now?
Post a Comment