(Is that me, the dutiful wife, sitting demurely stitching away at her hexagons? No! Of course it isn't LOL)
It has a large section on Hexagons...
Some ideas for leftover hexagons like decoration on clothing (gag) and cute kids waistcoats...
Gift ideas for the man who has everything ;-)...
and trousers for the boys...
The caption is great, it says "...Make extra patches to lengthen trousers as the child grows." I can just imagine the horror on their little faces were I to make them such items LOL
Of course, the book adds yet another project to my huge handwork 'to do list"!!:
I just love this design, but I think I'd better try and finish my hexagons first!
22 comments:
Oh I love the patchwork man's dressing-gown - I just have to make one for DH! Actually, I made him a shirt once, when we first started going out - it was paisley (very popular in the early 80's) and it was way too tight round the neck but he wore it anyway because I'd made it. Somehow I don't think I'd have the same success now with a satin patchwork dressing gown.
How's your leg? The visit to the hospital in the middle of the night sounded like a bit of a nightmare.
I can see Mark in that long plush patchwork coat about as much as I can see Nigel in it. As for the kids trousers torture 'em now with 'em before they're big enough to object! :O)))))))
Don't laugh...but I remember having patchwork trousers in the 1970's!
...and how much did they pay that man to wear that patchwork outfit!! ROFLOL
It is a lovely designs for your new quilt! I like it!
Kind regards,
Sonnja & Beertje Zonn
Sure, make those pants for your boys and crochet little granny square vests to match! They'll be in therapy for years.
And that is a great design for when your hexagons are done.
The dutiful wife, oh yeap!!
Don’t you love old craft books. They make me laugh! Lengthen your pants with patchwork and gift ideas for the man who has everything... what’s he wearing?
I love the last picture, great pattern!
What a great find...I would do anything to devour oldies like that!
This is a must have book for every quilter, lots of gift ideas *LOL*
What a great book - love the boys trousers - so practical! The last project looks very effective.
This wins the 'laugh of the week' post in my book. Maybe the man's dressing gown would suit Kaffe Fassett?? I bet if you made those trousers and marketed them in an up scale environment they would be a hit - well maybe not, but you never know, they wear some weird things out there :-)
thanks for visiting my blog and leaving comments. Very much appreciated.
Here's what you do. When you want the kitchen cleaned just threaten to make that outfit for your husband if he doesn't!
I do like the cover, and your hexagon quilt looks gorgeous!
I enjoyed this posting very much. I giggled through all the "left over ideas" (I can just see the face of my husband, or my sons if I were to make these items for them) LOL.
But I can't wait to see what you do with that new pattern, it IS lovely!!
Oh, that was fun! Love the mens' clothing!
I have a pattern very similar to that on my 'To do' list as well.
Oh my! The last picture looks fab - provided you are intending to make a quilt... The clothing, ummmm, definitely provided a laugh.
I hope you're feeling a bit better and trying to rest a little more.
This post made me laugh so hard I cried! Mostly I laughed because I was raised by hippies and my family could have been the model for those pictures! I must say, my own family today will just have suffer the lack. What a wonderful find!
Cheers,
Dionne
Oh boy, those are some ugly pants! But I remember pants like those. LOL.
Thanks for the laughs.
Hi Karol-Ann, so sorry I've been virtually absent for so long. Maybe I am re-emerging! I LOVE the quilt in the header line, with the squares, and the purple side triangles. Gorgeous. If only my sewing machine wasn't broken and I didn't still have 50million UFOs.
I had a pair of jeans that my Mom put strips of fabric (many strips) on the bottom to make longer. Do you think she read this book? I thought I was very cool!
That last quilt is a Kaleidoscope and I have one on my to do list. They're gorgeous.
Thanks so much for sharing the 70’s book. The clothes gave me such a good laugh. Fashion certainly is fleeting.
Post a Comment