Monday, 15 December 2008

A year of bags



This is my December BQL Bag Challenge bag. I somehow managed to keep up with the challenge and made 12 very different bags throughout the year. And what a year! Although I have given many bags away, the photos remind me of what a year this has been. Good, bad, sad, fast... and I shall look forward to 2009.


I have put a Flickr badge in my sidebar with all the photos of the bags that I made in the 2008 Bag challenge.


Thank you Kandy (who needs a blog so I can link to it!) I'm not sure what next year's challenge is and whether I'll be able to keep up, but knowing how interesting this challenge was, I imagine I shall be very tempted!

14 comments:

bettsylyn (Lynda) said...

So many bags - I have loved seeing them all. And of course there are the others you have made too. The bag I received hasn't really been used for sewing, as I suppose the swap was originally themed. It seems to go with me when I go out - armed with camera and lunch and everything else but my sewing. It is just the right size and is much used and loved. Thanks again.

Unknown said...

You certainly had more staying power than me - your December bag rounds off the year perfectly :o)

Locket Pocket said...

What a beautiful bag! Well done you for keeping up with the challenge!

Lucy x

Ginger said...

You have done really well, congrats on finishing the challenge. Have you kept any for yourself? They are beautiful and it's lovely seeing them all together.

Vicki W said...

Congrats for staying on top of it! You've made some great bags.

Brenda said...

Great achievement creating all 12 bags! I love the fabric and style of this bag it is beautiful. Have a great day!

YankeeQuilter said...

The flicker photos of all the bags is really fun...and I am so impressed that you stayed with it...you go girl!

Anonymous said...

Wow impressive...doubly impressive as you have quite a year and you've been living in 2 different countries and in DIY h*ll!
Can't wait to see what Kandy comes up with next year.

Ruth's Place said...

I REALLY like this one! Very cute and the fabric is wonderful.

Unknown said...

Will she have a challenge next year for something different?

Juliann in WA said...

What a fun challenge. You did a great job this year.

Heleen said...

I love this last bag!! You did a great job with all your bags!!!
What a challange!

Toni said...

I love all your bags (especially the one I have ;) I can imagine it's a challenge to do one a month, but now you have a bag to change out every month with :)

Julie said...

Congratulations. That really is quite an accomplishment! Your bags have all been beautiful too. Yes, I admit it, you are perfect.