Friday, 12 December 2008

Roses are red and pink and....



I have not been blogging much as I am not permitted (!) to be on the computer too much these days LOL. This does mean that in the evenings I get exposed to a lot of television (!!) and (luckily) quite a bit of hexagon handwork too :-)

Here are my hexagons so far...



I have a ways to go. I still need to border the rose panel with cream roses and attach it. This I will do last. I am sewing the hexagons in sections. The big gap will become a whole new section which I will join later. (At the moment it is still in 3 sections.)

I got a wonderful and very welcome surprise from Guðrún! More gorgeous rose fabrics.



These have already been added to the above sections, but just need to be stitched on. Thanks Guðrún. The sweets were very welcome too :-)

I have finished the tree skirt. I struggled with the tension on the back for ages and in the end thought that for something that will be used once a year for a few weeks and only viewed from the top I am not going to agonise over it. So it's done and already in use.



This week I also received an African block from Kate for our private blockswap.
We have now decided to swap smaller blocks so that we can potentially work on the borders of our very unplanned quilts.



Thanks Kate, this is a really cute block.

Also on an African theme. Mother has finished 2 scarves for Ruth's Scarves for Africa project...



In case I don't get any more computer time between now and Santa's visit, I'd like to wish you all a Very Merry Christmas and thanks for visiting!

13 comments:

loulee said...

It's good to hear from you. Your roses look wonderful. I expect it to be double the size by new year! LOL ((Hugs))
Merry Christmas Dear Karol Ann.

Anonymous said...

The rose hexagons are looking good...hope everyone is back to good health now ready for the holidays.

Unknown said...

Yes why bother with the back of the tree skirt, you made the right decision. I am glad you liked what I sent.

Anonymous said...

Just love the rose quilt--your work is beautiful! Can't wait to see it finished. You are a talented lady!

Ruth's Place said...

The scarves look great! Please thank your mother very, very much!!

Katie Z. said...

Wow! The hexagon quilt looks amazing. I hope you stay well for Christmas.

Julie said...

Your hexagons are really coming along. I hope your visit is still going well!!

YankeeQuilter said...

Have a wonderful Christmas and New Year! The rose hexagon is looking great!

Unknown said...

Your rose project just keeps looking better and better and better - hope Santa brings your boys (and you of course) all you hope for :o)))

Clare said...

These are so beautiful.

Have a great Christmas.

Toni said...

WOW, your hexagons are coming along fast and nicely!!! Looks like you are keeping busy with your quilting projects!

Happy Holidays hun!!

jovaliquilts said...

I am just in awe of that hexagon rose quilt. It's really something.
What a great project the scarves for Africa is.

Anonymous said...

i find hexagons quick to do when time is short, yours is looking wonderful, love the tree skirt too,

happy new year to you all