Our garden...
Last year we spent Christmas in the South African sun. While I was there, I made the boys an Advent calendar from a panel my friend Birgit gave me. I hand stitched EVERY pocket and handquilted it as I didn't trust my skills on my mother's sewing machine!!!
Perhaps I should look for another panel and make another one by machine this year so the boys will have one each next year. (I only finished this one halfway through December last year so I'm running on schedule again LOL)
I also made them stockings...
The nametags came about as a last minute thing (foam letters glued on felt!), but they will do for another year...
I think this year the boys will really be into Christmas. DS1 has already written to Santa. Unfortunatley Santa hasn't done any of her Christmas shopping yet as she hates it, but she, I mean he, will get his skates on soon!
9 comments:
The photos of the frost are fabulous, makes me shiver just thinking about it. The calender is great along with the stockings. Ba Humbug as for the christmas shopping, I agree it is not fun at all. But watching everyone open gifts makes it all worthwhile....because then you know it was worth the time and turmoil to provide someone with a grand smile or a huge hug!
I love that Advent Calendar! Definitely make another if you can. My 21-yr-old daughter was just wanting one. ;)
Love your advent calendar - very festive!! Enjoy your frosty weather - hope you get a white Christmas!
Brrrrr!Very seasonal. We've had a few good frosts here too.
Love your Christmas projects.
Beautiful frosty pictures...you've just reminded me I have some on the camera from our weekend in Stoke-on-Trent...must get those loaded...
The snow and frost can be beautiful but so cold.
I made an advent calendar and stockings for my kids last year too. We just hung them up last night.
My Advent Calendar is the onlt Christmassy thing I've got up yet. the rest will go up over next week. But Santa has done all her shopping so I can relax slightly.
Love and hugs gina xxx
snap - we have the same advent calendar - it's Alex's now, but started as Sarah's...
Post a Comment