Thursday, 4 December 2008

More of the white stuff

Kids (like me) dream of days like this! School closed due to the snow!!



It was wonderful walking in the snow...



feeding the sheep...



And building the boys first ever snowman....



There has been crafting.

I have pieced the top of a tree skirt.



I VERY loosely followed the tutorial on Crazy Mom Quilts's blog for a log cabin tree skirt. Yes, very loosely LOL, but I like it. Now just to quilt it, cut it, bind it... perhaps by Christmas eve (next year!!) as I am having some tension issues with my quilting and it's driving me nuts!


And Mother has knitted me a scarf (from wool I bought to knit myself a scarf LOL).



My mother is an amazing knitter. Now Mom's knitting some charity scarves for Ruth's Scarves for Africa project. She will probaly knit 3 or 4 scarves in the time I would knit that one scarf!!

19 comments:

Katie Z. said...

We haven't had snow yet - only flurries once. It looks like fun... but so cold!

Unknown said...

More white stuff? You look very spooky with that scarf *LOL*

YankeeQuilter said...

Your boys looked like they enjoyed the snow...how do the sheep take it? I am with you on the knitting...not only does it take me a long time but if the scarf starts out 4 inches wide by the time I get to the other end it is only 2 inches wide! I'll stick to quilting!

Ginger said...

Lots of snow! It looks like fun:)
Your tree skirt looks lovely - very loosely based on the other one! Can we have a tutorial for yours?

Red Geranium Cottage said...

I love snow!!! Your new scarf is very nice. Lucky you. I'm sure your using it in all that snow.

jovaliquilts said...

Such a great scarf -- that would make a good blogger profile photo. Or you could use the snowman!

Margaret Cooter said...

Oh those lovely snowy and frosty views! I do miss Yorkshire sometimes...

Anonymous said...

Lovely pictures of Yorkshire!!! Good memories. Thanks for sharing.
Im with you and the kids, love when it is caos outside, schools closed and we can play.... your second photo can be used on a xmas card... you can only see the green jacket and red hat colours against the white stuff. Awwwhhh

Heleen said...

the white landscape looks so pretty! So does the scarf!

Julie said...

My oldest kid is in the sixth grade and has NEVER had a snow day. It just doesn't snow here in the Deep South! I am jealous. Every picture is so beautiful. Good thing the sheep have those nice wool blankets.

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Looks like your gorgeous new scarf will be put to good use! Your part of the world looks magical all blanketed in snow!

Colleen formerly of South Africa said...

Love the scarf...wish my mom could /would knit.... and the tree skirt...I wish I had time to make on...I need one for my little tree in the family room. Love the snow...not seen any this year yet... I don't think Mississippi gets much snow. Shame!

Anonymous said...

That feeding the sheep picture looks like an old fashion postcard...beautiful! Nothing like a bit of snow to put you in the festive mood!

Lynda said...

Don't know who was luckier - you in the North for the snow or we in the Midlands for the rain! The snow makes for better photos though!

Kim said...

These photos of the boys will be keepsakes. Wonderful old time quality to them. The landscape is gorgeous there. Enjoy your mom's visit and knitting goodness. Such a pretty scarf. :)

Wendy said...

I love it when it snows, we won't get the white stuff maybe in Feb. Cute tree skirt you made and what a awesome scarf.

Toni said...

I love snow, hoping we get some real stuff soon! Do you normally get snow this early? It's sooo cold here!

Is that mom? Isn't she cute! What a beautiful scarf!

Pinktulip said...

Wow, it sure is pretty when it snows. I'm not keen on cold weather though so I will admire it from afar! Your scarf is awesome! My Mom was an excellent knitter too, something I did NOT inherit!

Karen said...

Brrr! Looks very cold! What a special day building the first snowman.