Tuesday, 23 December 2008

Hello again

There I was last Monday, minding my own business when WHAM! I got struck down with the most nasty flu. Today was the first day I have been up and feeling ok pretty much all day. A whole week of coughing, nose-blowing, sick children and definitely no sewing. I managed a very few stitches on my hexagons one evening, but it was too much like hard work LOL

As the whole family was finally well enough to go out today, we braved the masses so that DH could make a start on his Christmas shopping (Men!).

And tonight I made a start (and a finish) on 3 quick adult stockings to go with the boy's Christmas stockings...



And I also photographed the packaging of my BQL Secret Santa...



What a cheek! As if I would open it before the 25th!!! :-)

15 comments:

Katie Z. said...

Karol-Ann, I am glad you're feeling better. I hope that's the last of the nastiness for your family for a while.

jovaliquilts said...

Hmmm...maybe someone remembers a Secret Santa gift that was opened early?? ;)
So glad you're feeling better! Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

I am sure it never crossed your mind to open this before the 25th *LOL*

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Merry Christmas Karol Ann!! Glad you are feeling better. We look forward to lots of inspiration from you in 2009!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

I hope your all better now. Christmas is coming you know!! LOL Feel better and do not open your gifts until the 25th!!!

Jodie said...

I hope you are all fighting fit for the big day. Thankyou for this new friendship I have found in 2008 and I look forward to keeping up with you in 2009. sheesh 2009 !

Anonymous said...

Beautiful stockings...hope you are on the mend now and that you have a wonderful Christmas.

Can't wait to see what you have in your secret Santa package.... :o)

loulee said...

LOL Glad you're feeling better.

Merry Christmas.

Contented Caroline said...

Glad you are on the mend - well done for finishing your stockings - it's more than I have done and I've not had the flu!

Merry Christmas

Julie said...

I'm so glad you are all over the ick now. Just in time for Christmas!! Those stockings are pretty nice - great job. You don't have to wait too much longer to open that gift. You can do it this time!!!

Ginger said...

Hey! Glad you are feeling better. Your stockings look great - it would be criminal to not hang them on a fireplace like that!

Pinktulip said...

Hope you feel better soon! I am sure all the lovely presents will cheer you up! Have a lovely (and cold) Xmas!

Brenda said...

Merry Christmas!

corry said...

Hope you had a very happy Christmas Karol Ann! Can't wait to see what was in your secret Santa package....

dutchcomfort said...

Hi Karol-Ann, thanks for your visit!!

I hope you’re doing fine.

A very happy, healthy, loving and inspired 2009 to you and your family!!

Hugs))