Sunday, 2 November 2008

So many silly skeletons...

Okay I'm a few days late... but Happy Halloween
and

BOO!



thanks to Brenda for this wonderful Halloween postcard!

Today was the most Halloweeny we got around here. The friend who was going to have a party decided not to bother and so we didn't bother either, but today we went to one of DS1's classmates birthday parties which had a Halloween theme and entailed dressing up.



Seems most 4-5 year olds were skeletons this year. I guess next time we'll have to push the boat out a bit more LOL


And for some 2 year olds it was quite hard work being a pumpkin...




This week I have 2 hospital appointments for my leg so I have cut all my new rose fabrics out with the intention of basting them onto the hexagon papers while I wait around to be seen. Hopefully I won't be waiting long (just long enough to make a bit of progress would be nice though LOL)



I neglected to give anything away for my 200th post, but if you can guess how many hexagons are waiting to be basted to papers in the above picture. The winner can choose from a handmade gift (either an evening or a tote bag) or a selection of African fabrics. If there is a correct guess then that's great. If not, all comments will be popped in the bag and a random winner drawn. Regular commenters get an extra entry and if I've received rose fabrics from you at anytime in the past you get another entry too. I'll draw a winner November 15th. (oh, and if you commented on the 200th post before today you get another entry as well - just a bit of fun LOL)

23 comments:

Katie Z. said...

30? What fun!

jovaliquilts said...

Those striped pumpkin tights are the best! Put my name in -- sounds like fun! Congrats on all that blogging.

Ginger said...

I hope the appointments go well. Your little pumpkin looks too cute sleeping on the chairs. I've tried to count the hexagons but you've piled them up very well :) I'm guessing 20?

Jo in TAS said...

Congrats on the 200 posts, quite an achievement!
I think there's about 24 hexagons in the pile!

Kate North said...

So, how many guesses do I get, LOL... OK, I think there might be 27 hexagons in the picture. Happy hallowe'en to your skeleton from mine - and so on.

Unknown said...

I guess there are 13 hexagons there. I hope everything is all right with you.

antique quilter said...

oh my the pumpkin is just adorable, what a cute picture! love those tights!
yes skeltons were popular here too.
oh...my guess is 26 !
Kathie

Julie said...

I think there are 35.
I hope your appointment has a satisfactory outcome.
Your little pumpkin is so cute. Of course, the skeleton is too. Please enter me in your drawing!!

Julie said...

I think there are 35.
I hope your appointment has a satisfactory outcome.
Your little pumpkin is so cute. Of course, the skeleton is too. Please enter me in your drawing!!

Vicki W said...

I'll guess 45! What cute little goblins.

Lady of the Cloth said...

Ok, I'll guess 23. The little goblins are so cute, I remember when mine were little and it seems like just yesterday. Enjoy them, time sure gets away from you fast!
Carline

Elsie Montgomery said...

Do you fussy cut these? If so, wow!! My guess is 16, as in sweet?

Hope your legs will be better than new real soon.

Elsie

Ruth's Place said...

17

Your little skeleton and pumpkin are just adorable!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Looks like your Halloween was a huge success! I am guessing you have 18 hexagons in the pile.

dutchcomfort said...

Congratulations on 209 posts!!

Your two rascals look great dressed up for the Halloween party!

I can’t count this early in the morning, but I just guess 18!

Good luck with the knee appointments and making hexagons!

loulee said...

Hmm, I tried counting them! LOL
I'll guess 20.
Hope all goes well with your appointments.

Anonymous said...

I'm going to guess 45...Hope all goes well at the hospital and that it isn't too serious.
Also thanks for the last comment on my latest post...your spelling error just proves I'm in good company :o)

Fran said...

I'm going with 37 (but I have sewn so many hexagons lately I think I see them double!!)
Fran

jovaliquilts said...

Oops -- forgot to guess a number! Figuring there are some in the little bag, I'll say 40.

Brenda said...

I love to see the children in their costumes...just so adorable. I hope that all goes well with your doctors visits and your leg!

I am going to guess that there are 21 hexagons in your pile there, but I bet you still have a good hundred to go before the final one is attached for the whole quilt. Great way to have a giveaway.

Toni said...

I don't need anymore from you :) except your friendship!! I just had to comment on being a pumpkin is tough work!!

Lynda said...

I have no idea, so will say 36. I had lots of sewing time when I went with DH to the hospital when he broke his leg! Hope your appointment is short and the outcome is good. The sewing can wait!

Anonymous said...

I hope the appointment goes ok.
I am guessing there are 19 hexagons. Hope I am right, fingers crossed...