In the meantime, I made an African bag for a special friend...
Here's the front
And the back
I did receive some GORGEOUS!!! rose fabrics from Siobahn and Jodie. Thank you both for such lovely fabrics! When they arrived my camera was kaput and now that I have a new camera I realise that they have been absorbed into the dark little pit I call my sewing room which is next to a half finished family bathroom!! And above a half started utility room!
Actually all roses get absorbed into the 'big hexagon rose project' (perhaps an update on that soon..) which is not nearly as fantastic as Jodie's 'Big Selvedge Project:'
I borrowed this picture with Jodie's permission from her blog because this dress made out of fabric selvedges is just so awesome (and I can see at least one of my selvedges in there LOL - see I do send some stuff OUT!)
11 comments:
Your little house bag is so sweet - love the tradional fabrics you have used.
Wow, you've been busy making bags lately! This one is beautiful also - love my log cabin bag though! Thanks again!
I adore your "house" bag! I would never have thought of using that block on a bag, but it works stupendously! Fabulous colors also. That dress is gorgeous, I would never have the patience to do that sort of project. Thanks for sharing.
That dress has got to be the ultimate in recycling! Love the bag too :o)
Wonderful African house block bag!! We all know you do send stuff out!! Don’t worry!
Entirely out of selvedges? I'm not that dedicated to my craft!
Your bags look great, the house one and yesterdays. I'm itching to make more now.
I saw that selvage picture too and thought it was amazing!! The patiences to sew all those strips together is something I just wouldn't have!
Love the bag you've made...the indigos on the back are lovely!
This is a great bag and an idea for me to use the precious block you sent me.
Great bag - don't suppose it's for me, LOL!
I don't know how I missed this post but - wow!! - another pretty bag!
The selvedge dress is one recycling step too far, I would say! The concept is great, but where would you wear it?!
Post a Comment