Wednesday, 8 October 2008

Birthdays and bug days

I had to 'do' playgroup today. It is run by the 'Mum's' these days. When you 'do' playgroup, you have to make the teas and coffees, bring fruit for a snack for all the children, and put on an activity. As they are only little painting, playdo, sticking etc is the usual activity.

I decided that we would be hairdressers. I brought along a bag of fabric scraps and got the glue out. I drew faces without the tops of the heads and encouraged the children to glue the hair on...

Here is DS2's (with a little help)



DS1 wanted to do a rocket.
"No Jack we are doing hairdressers"
"Rocket. I want a rocket"
"Why don't you try some hair Jack"
"No, I want a rocket"

My child! I couldn't decide whether I was curbing his creativity or if he was just plain difficult... Anyway here's his



It was DH's birthday. We made a cake.



Everyone helped to blow the candles out...



About the spiders in my previous post. They're not real!! They're paper decorations and DS2 loves them so they are now in his room...



I don't 'do' bugs. I guess that's why I only shower these days...

15 comments:

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

What a great activity! Any activity that uses fabric is pretty good in my books. Hope your DH had a brilliant birthday!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations to your DH! Does your son sleep well under the spiders :(

Unknown said...

That elder son of yours surely has a mind of his own - obviously wants to be an astronaut when he grows up rather than a hairdresser :o) Happy Birthday Mark - how naughty of Karol-Ann to give away your age (tee hee!)

Locket Pocket said...

Well done for coming up with such a good craft! Another great idea is to get some paper plates and fold them in half then add some wings, tail and beak and you have a lovely rocking/pecking bird. Don't think I could bathe with bugs either!!!

Lucy x

dutchcomfort said...

So much talent in your house! What a great activity! Congratulations to your DH!!

jovaliquilts said...

You're so creative! What a fabulous activity for the kids.

And I don't "do" bugs, either!

Anonymous said...

What a creative project for kids. Happy bithday to Mark!
Millie

Vicki W said...

What adorable boys! I love the photo with their freshly decorated cake.

Brenda said...

Such a great project. Happy 42 to your husband. No way could I sleep with spiders hanging down like that or take a bath with a bug...but they are great photos.

Julie said...

Don't you just love doing things like this with your kids? It is so good for them too.

Beertje Zonn said...

Congratulations to your DH!
Kind regards,

Sonnja & Beertje Zonn

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to the DH :o) Love the cake .. the rocket and hair are a great idea...just might have to try that one at our playgroup :o)

Dionne said...

LOVE the activity, mind if I borrow it? What fun! By the way, I'm really enjoying your blog!
Cheers,
Dionne

corry said...

Late happy birthday to your DH. I love the craft project you did with the children, great way to use up those tiny bits and pieces of fabric!

Kim said...

Such a wonderful day. :)