But it was not to be. Saturday night I started having post-op trouble (I'll spare the gorey details) but I had to be rushed back to hospital where I was put on a drip and scheduled for another round of General Anaesthetic and surgery on Sunday. I spent the whole of Sunday being told that I was 'Nil by mouth' and could not even have a drop of water! So I whiled away the hours wondering what the show was like and whether I would be out of the operating theater in time for dinner LOL. In the end my op was delayed til late evening so I missed the dinner trolley and had cornflakes as my evening meal!! (And I couldn't sew on Sunday either as I had the drip stuck uncomfortably in my wrist so movement was restricted!!)
I'm back at home, feeling a little bit woozey, but hopefully that's me and hospitals over with for a bit now!
Sonnja, sent me a most welcome and wonderful parcel which was in the mailbox when I got back from the hospital. Rose fabrics for my ongoing hand work hexagon project,
a get well card, a cherry chocolate so beautifully wrapped and a fun badge that I may have to wear to the next quilt show I get to :-)
Thank you so much Sonnja! I was very touched especially by the piece of fabric which has come from your mother!! That is just so special.
Thank you also for all the lovely emails of late. I know these things are hard to say, but I appreciate the time people have taken to write and show me that I am not alone. And there were times this week when I felt very alone. To think it all started last Monday... It has been one of the longest weeks of my life. Time only seems to fly when you're having fun!
15 comments:
Hope you will continue to feel better every day. Just a little post to let you know how much I care.
What a thoughtful gift from Sonnja...keep safe and take care
Keep the spirits up Karol-Ann! I’m glad you’re back home again and even posted a typical K-A story!
I hope the hospital missery will be over now.
Take it easy!!!
If there is one thing I have learned it's that you're never alone in blogland.
Enjoy your beautiful fabrics. When are you going to show us a picture of the hexagon quilt?
P.S. I totally forgot to say I love Sonnja’s sweet and thoughtful package!!
I'm so sorry you had the added misery of having to go back in for another op! Sending you a big hug, Lucy x
I'm very sorry to read about your time over the last week.
Your parcel sounds lovely. I find beautiful fabrics can help to lift your spirits.
Maria x
How sweet of Sonnja to send you the fabric from her mother.
Hi Karol Ann
I am so sorry to read about your sad and painful weekend. I hope you are feeling better! What a great gift from Sonja.
Millie
Oh Karol-Ann, only just caught up with you again as I've been tied up with going back to work and then the drive being completed - you poor poor thing - what a rotten lot of luck you've had - sending you and all your boys lots and lots of hugs from us all down here in Taunton (((hugs)))
Oh poor you! Could it have been any worse? And all that within a week. I know it sounds inadequate in the circumstances, but I hope you're starting to feel a bit better at least physically. Very best wishes to you and your family :)
Caroline
So sorry. Hope you start and feel physically better soon. Will say a prayer for you.
Oh, such a struggle. I'd not read your blog for a few days and didn't realize the loss and pain that you are experiencing. You will certainly be in my prayers. May your recovery be swift and sure, and I hope you can get all the rest you need. It is so good to have supporting friendships too.
Big hugs!!
Sorry to hear you had to have another operation...I hope you are on the mend now...I've been thinking about you lots!!!!
Oh, my goodness! I didn't get to blog reading for a few days and came back to read this. I'm so sorry for your loss! What a trauma. I hope you are recovering well. I send you good wishes.
Post a Comment