Wednesday, 24 September 2008

Kindness is sweeter than candy

Today I mailed my Booty swap disguised as some candy!



I hope my swap partner doesn't eat it!!



I also received a surprise in the post today. Josie a non blogger, non quilter, but wonderful old neighbour from Cape Town who needs to come visit me (at the latest next spring to help me with our garden as she has the greenest fingers EVER!) sent me a lovely parcel full of fabric-y goodness!




She writes:
"I don't know if these pieces will be useful to you..."
yes, yes, thank you!!!!
"...remembered that you like hearts and roses - and got you some oddments (FQ's?)"
Josie, you did great, thank you so very much for your generosity!

I absolutely love the "Breast Cancer" rose one (on the left). It's gorgeous and graduated so will make lots of hexagons. I actually only need 4 inch squares (or 10cms square) for a single hexagon, but FQ's are wonderful too especially if the fabric is this yummy!

Speaking of yummy DH and DS1 went blackberrying so that I could make some jam.



There were slim pickings so it may have to be a pie.

Meanwhile DS2 has found a new mode of transport



- the cooler bag! We've not used it all summer with this awful weather so I guess he wouldn't know what it's really used for LOL!

14 comments:

Brenda said...

What beautiful fabrics, have fun using them. DS2 looks so adorable in the bag. It is amazing how they can discover ways to use anything!

Susan said...

Karol-Ann, you have the cutest boys. My son was blonde until he got older and now it has darken to a brown; but I loved it when he was little (he's 27 but will always be my baby boy).

loulee said...

Beautiful fabrics. Lucky you to have a thoughtful friend.

Toni said...

LOL...I'll definitely be surprised when the booty arrives :)

I remember being a kid with my mom and picking blackberries in England. We always made jam! mmmmm....what a fond memory. I'm all for the pie as well! :)

You have been having wonderful post lately....don't be too surprised to see something from me soon.....

Sarah said...

Good on you for getting that done.

Was the pie good? We will be picking blackberries in summer so would not mind knowing it.

Unknown said...

Amazing what you can find in the chiller cabinet! Go with the pie - your pies always look so delicious - although blackberry jam on scones with cream sounds tempting :o)

Locket Pocket said...

What lovely fabrics and what a surprise in your cool bag!!!!

Lucy x

corry said...

Mmmh...yummy fabrics and yummy blackberries and a cute boy too!

YankeeQuilter said...

Blackberries have been a bit harder to pick this year...must have been the cool summer. I don't think I've even got enough to make a pie yet this year (must have something to do with the stained fingers....)

Julie said...

How nice that you keep getting this fantastic rose fabric!

Unknown said...

I would love to pick blackberries, they don´t grow here.

dutchcomfort said...

Gorgeous fabrics! I’m sure the booty swap will be a big surprise wrapped in a haribu bag!
Your rascals are too cute!!

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful fabrics from your friend in South Africa!

jovaliquilts said...

What a cute little boy you have in that tote! I remember my kids thought our laundry baskets were really for them to play in...