Thursday, 4 September 2008

Hospital Hexagons



To blog or not to blog? That is my question. Essentially this is my quilt blog about my love of sewing and my fabric addictions and all that that entails. BUT I am also a woman and a mother and in a way this is my diary.
So here goes...

On Monday, full of anticipation we went to our local maternity unit for my 12 week scan. DH said he had finally allowed himself to get excited. However our hopes were dashed as we were informed that the pregnancy had terminated itself. It's called a 'silent miscarriage' when you have no signs that it's over. I was still tired, still nauseus and still feeling very unwell indeed. So it came as a great shock to us both.

I decided to take action as soon as possible because waiting to miscarry alone was just too frightening a prospect and so on Wednesday I dutifully went off to another hospital to be re-scanned and then the pregnancy was completely terminated. We were given a picture at this scan, but I won't show it as I can hardly bear to look at it. Although things had not progressed very far we still feel a great loss. The second loss for me this year.

I had to stay overnight in the hospital as I had lost a lot of blood and was kept on a drip until this morning. I managed to put a few rose fabrics over papers while desperately waiting to get home.


The children are pleased to have me home and I missed them so much while I was in hospital. I came home to hugs and excited "Mummy, Mummy's" and a beautiful present from my dear friend Anne.



Thank you Anne, I shall cherish it. In time, my body will heal and forget, my heart will take a little longer....

Sometimes
Sometimes
All you can do is cry
Even though sometimes
You just want to know why

Sometimes
Your heart breaks under the strain
Sometimes
You think you’ll never get over this pain

Sometimes
Things happen for a reason you can’t know
Sometimes
The battle is in trying to let the hurt go

Sometimes
There’s an emptiness you just can’t deny
Sometimes
You can’t believe even though you try

Sometimes
Things don’t go the way you think they should
Sometimes
You are grateful even though you didn’t think you could

Sometimes
Good friends are the shoulder you need to cry
Because sometimes
There is no answer to your question ‘Why?’


Thanks for letting me share and maybe somehow cope with this.
I'd prefer you not to comment on this post instead email me if you want
sewkalico at yahoo dot co dot uk
Thank you.

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely poem - rest up and take care Anne x

Unknown said...

Take care dear friend.

Anonymous said...

Oh sweetie, I have been there...twice. It is not a nice place to be. Just now you have a virtual community of friends out there sending hugs and good thoughts. Is there anything I can do for you at all??

Dawn's Daily Journal said...

I am so sorry for your loss. Warm hugs are headed your way.
Dawn

Toni said...

love you hun, please get your rest.

Helen said...

My thoughts are with you. Take care, Helen

Gina said...

My heart goes out to all of you. I'm so sorry.

Take care and take all the time you need to heal.

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Chookyblue...... said...

OMG I am feeling for you........please take care.......and it is your blog and you can write what you want......

Brenda said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you. Take care and all the time you need.

Laila said...

Thinking of you. Take care. Hugs.

Clare said...

Oh you poor love.

Take it slowly - time is a great healer.

Hugs.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Take care...my heart is with you...

Mad about Craft said...

How awful for you - take care and God Bless you and your family.

Susan said...

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. My prayers are with you and your family.

Marie said...

Take care and do what you need you ar imporant to us all. Blessings and hugs, Marie

Kim said...

Oh my goodness! I am sorry to hear of your terribly sad misfortune. I hope you are on the mend once and for-all now. Here's a big hug for you.

Mary Johnson said...

Karol Ann, I'm just now catching up on my reading and I am so sorry to read about your miscarriage. You and your family are in my thoughts and I hope by now, you've recovered from the physical part, I know the emotional healing will take longer.