Ok, so there are still a few holes in the stonework, but we'll get used to them LOL
More exciting for some is that they are now 4!!
Yesterday DS1&2 had a joint farm party with lots of their little friends...
(Don't you love the hand over the little girl's mouth as she tries to blow out the candles on the homemade (GF) tractor cake?! LOL)
And today at 14.50 hour DS1 affectionately known as 'Mister Jack' turned 4!!!! At that time today he got his 'big' present LOL :-)
They also both got Halloween costumes for their birthdays and we had a little Halloween lunch with some of the family. There was a skeleton dining with us and a...
...little pumpkin!
He is just so big now *sniff*. Next week DS2 (a.k.a. Dennis the Menace) will be 2!!!
Where does the time go?? It's certainly not been spent sewing!!!
In fact on the sewing front, I have only a few days left to get my September BQL bag made. So far I have managed to make the log cabins out of the 1.25" strips.
I have now also sewn them together, basted them and am quilting them in a haphazard fashion.
The pattern called for some cool quilting, but I didn't trust myself...
I hope to get this done in time or I'll miss out on the October bag. DH said "why don't you just not do it, you could use a break?" But what if October is really good, then I'd be annoyed I'd missed it LOL
I ordered more scrabble tile pendants, I couldn't resist!
Christmas is coming (Ho Ho HO) and I need to be ready in case Santa doesn't stop here LOL.
13 comments:
Yippee! A door!! 2 and 4 - God Bless You.
Congratulations on the door and your big boy’s birthday!!
What a wonderful birhtday cake and presents!
Love the log cabins.
Today I learned to make cheaty ones!! .. and cheaty pin-wheels and blocks. Loads of fun!
What fun for your boys! Your tractor cake is cute as can be.
The Tractor cake is ace!! I'll bet he loved it.
The log cabins look good too, looking forward to the finished bag.
Hi Karol-Ann
Beautiful quilts. I do like the tractor cake a lot. I have nominated you for the "Kreativ Blog Award".
Millie
What a gorgeous door!! I love the improvements! Hubby did a WONDERFUL job!!
Those log cabins are smaller then they look :)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOYS!! How fun is that!!
WoooHooo!!!!! the patio door is in - terrific! Just love the hand over the mouth shot - we've all done that to curb inappropriate enthusiasm at one time or another. Happy Birthday to the little Hewletts
Sorry - brain death strikes again! - little Hewgills is what I meant to say!
Happy Birthdays boys!!! Lucy x
Wow! And Life marches on...all good things going on here. Love love love the doors, the boys look happy and so very cute, the log cabin fabric - very pretty and the new addition to the Family Jewels is very much fun. I should order some of those!
Head scratching...looked like he was wondering what he got himself into!
well, October is a little fiddly, but it's a very pretty bag when finished, so I think you'd be sorry not to see it!
Happy birthdays to the two lovely boys - we had a birthday this week here, too - Sarah is 11. I know, 11. It's just so OLD.
Congratulations on the door, it is great. Tell your sons they look scary. You know one son (J)looks like you and the other one (T)like his father :)
Excellent - you have made progress with the door!
Happy be;ated Birthday.
Lovely bag - gosh you are doing so much!
Post a Comment