Monday, 29 September 2008

Bag me some more September

My poor machine! I'm obviously not as patient as I'd like to think I am! I felt pressed for time so I sewed franticly. A bad workwoman always blames her tools, but this was definitely operator error!! I broke 2 needles, one bobbin, cut my finger and now have a machine that doesn't sound so happy! BUT I did make the September bag and I love it! It reminded me how much I like Log Cabin as a pattern and it is IMHO a great bag thanks to it's designer, Kandy.



I used scraps from cutting out of my hexagons, so it's very 'rosey' and frugal :-)
The strips were only 1.25" so out of a 5" square I could get one hexagon and one strip. (waste not, want not, they say!)



It's lined in roses too. I did make a 'boo-boo' with the lining, but I hope it's new owner won't mind!!



It's our neighbour's birthday today. He's 63!



No-one is ever too old for a tractor cake are they??

22 comments:

Unknown said...

What type is the tractor, is it MF or...? The bag is lovely. It´s new owner, are you going to give it away?

PiecefulChaos said...

I love that bag! It the pattern available somewhere or do you have to be part of the swap to get it? Your tractor cake looks great - lucky lucky neighbor!

bettsylyn (Lynda) said...

Your bag looks great - I checked out some of the others for the month too. It was a nice pattern this month, so it was worth the effort you put into it.

Vicki W said...

The bag turned out great!

Colleen formerly of South Africa said...

Love the colors of your bag, and it is not evident that you had so much drama. Love the Halloween party. Will be seeing both babies before Halloween.... I can't wait.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Karol-Ann, your bag is just so gorgous..you have done a fantastic job...

Andrea said...

What a lovely, lovely bag. I think log cabin is my favourite block. I think I recognise that lining fabric- lol !

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic bag - combining my two favourites : log cabin and bags! Is the pattern available?
Fantastic work, Heather ( formerly Rhodesian now in New Zealand)

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Awesome tractor cake - love the details! Your new bag looks great - lovve the log cabin block.

Anonymous said...

Great looking cake!! and even better looking bag! Congrats on getting it finished...though I sure hope your machine is ok and that your finger heals soon.

Heleen said...

Just showed my son your tractor cake... He wants one too for his birthday this month! How did you make it? I love the bag!

Julie said...

What a fantastic cake. How did he like it?
Love the bag!

Pascale said...

Love your bag, and the lining. I've been catching up with your blog, so much has happened.
Love your roses as well.
Pascale
www.french-patchworker.blogspot.com

Knot Garden said...

The bag is lovely. I really like the colours and the balance of light and dark. It just shows what can be done without buying a lot of new fabrics. Great job!

Brenda said...

You did a great job on the bag! The tractor cake is wonderful.

Toni said...

Your bag turned out wonderful!! And you are just never to old to have a tractor cake! :)

corry said...

Love the bag, logcabin is a great pattern indeed. The tractor cake looks yummy!

Wendy said...

I really like how you made that bag, and the person getting it will love it too.

dutchcomfort said...

Wow for the bag!! The receipient will be more than thrilled!
Another Wow for the cake!

ladydi said...

Oooh! I love that bag! I've been in love with the log cabin pattern for a long time, but never thought to make it into a bag. Good thinking, and thanks for sharing! I get the best ideas from blogland. Thanks to Jodie for the intro.

Lissa Jane said...

Oh gosh I love that bag!!! and the tractor cake made me giggle.. nope you aren't too old for a novelty cake! my g/f makes them all the time for adults, its a HOOT what people will make.. a cookie monster cake for a 50th birthday party!

jovaliquilts said...

That may be one of the cutest cakes ever!!