Saturday, 30 August 2008

Giving and receiving

I was deligted to recieve a squishy in the post today from Anne. Turns out Anne is my Booty swap partner and she made me this beautiful quilt.



I hung it up before I realised I needed to take a photo LOL. It's wonderful: beautifully quilted, gorgeous colours and plaids and of course hearts! Thank you Anne.

Thanks also to The Quilting Pirate, who is the host of the Miniature Booty Swap and also a wonderful bloggy friend.
Toni knew I had been yearning for the rulers Bonnie Hunter suggests for her mystery quilts and she was kind enough to buy them for me.



Yesterday they arrived with a beautiful block made by Toni in wonderful colours (and African Amafu fabric) as well as some Civil War fabrics. Toni is solely responsible for my small collection of Civil War fabrics. Thanks Toni!!


I have finished my bag for Linda's bag swap...

And the inside...

I'll mail that out asap and then I can concentrate on my slightly (er um!) late Booty quilt.

DH drew the winners for the African scraps. They are Siobahn a.k.a Yankee Quilter and Julie
Please send me your snail mail addresses and I'll pop them in the mail asap.

13 comments:

Julie said...

I can't believe I won something! Thank you so much. I sent my snail mail addy in a separate email. Hugs,
Julie

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Love the bag you made - beautifully finished with those handy interior pockets!

Toni said...

Anne did a gorgeous job!!! How adorable is that--it's my favorite block!!

Good mail days are always wonderful!! Glad you enjoyed your new items!

OOOo I love the bag. I really need to make a few!

Unknown said...

The bag is beautiful, I love the colors and the fabric in the lining :) The quilt from Anne is also beautiful there is something about churn dash blocks.

dutchcomfort said...

Congrats to the winners!

They say it’s better to give than to receive... but I love both ways!!

The quilt from Anne is wonderful and I love the African elephant block.

Your bag is fab!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Nice bag. I'm sure your partner will love it. Late or not. LOL
Your quilt you received is really nice too. Lucky girl you are.

Colleen formerly of South Africa said...

what wonderful booty! Must be careful with that one. Looks like a wonderful haul of things. Lucky you.

Laila said...

Hi. Your Booty quilt are great and so are the bag you made. Love the colours of the bag.
The block with the elephant....I realy can't wait to see what you make of it. :-)

Brenda said...

Fabulous treasures you received. Your bag is great.

Linda said...

What a beautiful quilt - Anne did a great job!
What a wonderful package from Toni! Can't wait to see what you make using them!
Your bag for the swap is beautiful! Love the colors! Great pockets inside too - nice and big!
Congratulations Siobahn! Congratulations Julie! It was wonderful of you Karol-Ann to host the giveaway!

Ruth said...

Ooh... I love the inside of the tote for the bag swap!

Ruth xx

jovaliquilts said...

Great mail!! Toni is fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Anne did a great job. I love the playfulness that having the blocks turned off point gives the quilt. The fabric choices are fun too.

That elephant block from Toni is pretty fabulous! I love the African fabrics.

And your bag for Linda's swap looks beautiful. Good job!