Isn't she beautiful??? I can't wait until we can fit her into our house...
My 'old' baby came with me to play with all the other great toys in and out of the house
On the sewing front I have made another June BQL Bag Challenge for DS1's other teacher. Here are the 2 together.
You may notice I got the 'geese' the wrong way round on the second bag, hey ho LOL
I have also made my 2 blocks for Alison's project called Kid’s Quilts
These will hopefully go in the mail tomorrow!
On Sunday I got this parcel from my Longarmer Chris
Binding is being handstitched down at present...
When I was taking the block photos I looked up and out of my 'sewing room' window and this was my view
DH has done a wonderful job on our garden!
15 comments:
Beautiful day you had, and the view is fantastic. The Singer is treasure. Which way is the right way for the geese *VBG*
I think that sewing machine might just have been worth the grief!!! :o)
What a glorious view!!
The blocks look perfect. Thank you so much!
OOOOOOOOoooooo ahhhhh....you need to name you new machine!!
YAh for longarm mail!!
boy, looks like you are busy again! :)
What a wonderful treasure enjoy it always. Your totes are great! I have made three and used them last night at the grocery store! Thanks for sharing.
What a BEAUTIFUL view! Can I borrow it from you once in awhile?? The "golden hills" of California are getting a bit old and I would kill (okay, maybe not kill) for a speck of green.
Your DH has done a wonderful job!
Thanks for sharing.
The Singer is a must have indeed.
You’ve been so busy! Gorgeous bags, gorgeous old baby!
OMG that view, ánd your garden. I so love views! And your kid-quilts blocks are lovely. I hope to make the blocks sometime this week(end)...
I don’t settle for a quilt wrapped in plastic! Photo’s please!
Wow, it is a beautiful antique singer. I'm sure you will treasure this baby. The view from you sewing room is super, sadly my view is less impressive!! Enjoy handstitching the binding.
I can remember my mother having an old treadle machine when I was little. Later we had an old Singer with a handle that you turn at the side, which I sewed clothes on as a teenager. It's long gone now but I wish I had managed to rescue it.
Lovely view from your window.
Your sewing machine looks wonderful and I am sure you will find just the right spot for it in your home. And as usual I just have to comment on the view, everything about it is just gorgeous, I love the rock fences and of course the green grass.
Happy sewing
Kerry
You have a fantastic view from your sewing room. Such a busy girl, I love the new quilt you are putting the binding on and that sewing machine is awesome.
How lovely to meet your blogging friend in person. She did a beautiful job on that quilt. I would have done the same and pinned it to the curtains to admire it. Some of the smaller quilt shows are really lovely and a lot more personal than the big ones. The quilts are beautiful, I bet the judges had a hard time though!
Are you going to The Birmingham Quilt Fest? We will be in UK then, we are going on the Thursday and taking a friend from Liverpool with us.
I would love a view like that from my sewing room. Unfortuately we live on a corner of a fairly busy side street and all I get is traffic wizzing past every few minutes. Mind you we do get spectacular sunsets in the summer.
Can't have everything! LOL
Cheers for now,
Jenny
Love your view!!
Congratulations on getting a treadle! It looks like you got one with the floral design that I’ve heard called the tulip design. Is it a Singer Model 66? It’s just lovely! It looks like it’s in great shape too. I think you will really enjoy this machine.
This is what I miss when I fall behind on my blogging.
Karol-Ann, your quilts are amazing! A couple of months ago I was all fired up to do a quilt, bought books, fabric, etc and then once I started reading I decided to rather start with a small wall hanging. It is almost done, I just need to do the -is it binding, you call it? It has been lying in a cupboard for a while now...I am sure no quilt will come from this craft room! I see you still love African fabric. Feel free to let me know if you ever need anything from SA. I will be happy to send on to you. Have a good evening!
Post a Comment