This is the Carol Doak August Block of the Month. Carol posted it early as she will be away travelling. I know, I know, I haven't done July yet, but this is a challenging block with many setting possibilities that I may even make another one (after I make my July block of course!)
I may need to visit the dentist very soon, I am actually embarrassed to say, but I chipped my front tooth making a pincushion LOL.
I couldn't get the needle through! I am so stupid and now I have a rough edge on my tooth :-(
Oh well, you live and learn, you live and learn!
10 comments:
Beautiful block! And bummer about your tooth - guess that is why mom always said don't use your teeth to pull or open things.
I love the label of this post: sewing related injuries...!
Don’t ever do that with a sewing-machine needle! When it}s still in the machine!
Lovely block BTW!
I can beat that - I chipped a tooth eating ice cream once - choc. chip mint! I love your Carol Doak block - I have to check those out!!!!
OMG, I did the same thing with my tooth! I put the pins in my mouth when I sew and sometimes I bite on it if I am stressed. Chipped the front tooth. :0)
That IS a great block! That quilt is going to be so lovely! Wow!
Thanks for your comment. You know the pennants quilt is how I found you. :0)
Terrible about your tooth! Sounds like something that I would do! I couple of years ago, I broke my hand using a rotary cutter!!! Silly I know, doctor said it was just some freak accident! I still get teased about it!
I love that block! I imagine there are several different ways to turn it! Very Lovely!
Kristie
I am always using my teeth to do things I shouldn't. I was once proposed marriage to by a lad whose beer bottles I opened with my teeth when he forgot his bottle opener - lol !! In my young and foolish days long ago.... Poor you ! Expensive pincushion.
My, I had no idea that sewing could be so dangerous! It's a good story, but still no fun for you. Sorry about that!
Wonderful block, and your fabric choices make it sing! Is that little lizard in the fabric, or did you add it? Lovely touch!
The pincushion is great but I bet you don´t look so great if you smile ;) I am sure you have learned a lot on how you should not make pincushions.
DOH!!! I hate seeing my dentist!! Hopefully he fixed your tooth...ouch! Darn pin cushion!
OOo I like this block as well!!
The Carol Doak block in those fabrics looks so cool. The ..salamander?..is a very nice touch.
On the other subject of your post,...at least the pincushion came out well.
Post a Comment