Friday, 23 November 2007

Scrappy to the end

About this time last year, I signed up to the Scrapbuster swap that Kate was hosting on Delphi. I had already made several larger blocks as a Postage Stamp Round Robin swap with my Blockbuddys. I added these to the Delphi swap and had enough to make this quilt. Each little square is 2 inches in finished size. Here you can see it as a flimsie.

And here...

you can see it bound and finished. I did my first ever 'proper binding'! (in scraps of course!) I actually finished it a few days ago, but have not managed to get a shot of it until now as the weather has been dire: rainy and grey! (Time for some sun , yes, oh yes!)

It's on our bed because DH likes it. It was originally supposed to be a picnic blanket, but I actually think it's too nice to be covered in mud or left to rot in the back of my car (If you've ever seen my car...!!!). So then it was to be a sofa quilt for me, but for now it's on our bed. It's not quite big enough (!) but that's a good excuse to do another one in rose hexagons which is already started.

Talking of roses... Andrea send me some wonderful roses today. Thank you Andrea, they are perfect. Consider them packed with the rest of my lovely rose fabrics that I've had sent from some of my wonderful fellow bloggers. I will not be able to blog much while I'm away, but I will try and show you how far I am on the rose hexagons already.



Andrea also kindly included 2 FQ's for the boys.

DS1 was very impressed and I think the owls may be perfect for the pillowcase/s that will be needed to be made for next year!

I agree with a lot of the comments on my last post about keeping up with traditions. Stockings are DH's family traditions and pillowcases are mine so there will be compromise and a combination of the two!

12 comments:

Vicki W said...

I love, love, love that quilt!

Unknown said...

The colors of the quilt are NOT mine but still I say as vicki w I love it, it is so beautiful. Your boys are so cute, there is something about sleeping children :)

Anonymous said...

The quilt is gorgeous! Fellow bloggers are very cool, aren't they, more niced fabrics for your rose quilt!

Anonymous said...

Quilt is gorgeous! We had a mix of pillowcases and stockings - depending on whether Mum was organised enough to find our stockings or not :)

loulee said...

The quilt is beautiful. Love it.

I was a deprived child, I had no stocking or pillowcase. I did get prezzies under the tree though. ;-)

Unknown said...

Lovely Karol-Ann! I'm not usually a fan of that much scrappiness all together but this has turned out beautifully - the scrappy binding sets it off a treat too and I just love your outer purples. Can't wait to see what you do with all your roses

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic finish!!! I just love your pictures with the Yorkshire Dales as the backdrop!

dutchcomfort said...

Your quilt is amazing! How do you manage to have it all so regular? I love the photos of your two little ones.

Andrea said...

Hurray - lovely to see your quilt finished and BOUND too - lol ! Glad you like the fabrics - Patrick helped choose the 2 extras for the boys.

sophie said...

Every time I see another quilt made from that swap, I wish I had joined. Yours is fantastic!!

dot said...

Great quilt top. The colors are wonderful.

Vera said...

Your quilt is just wonderful !
Have a nice trip to South Africa !