Friday, 7 September 2007

A very quilty day

Today was the start of the Great North Quiltshow in Harrogate, Yorkshire. I went along with DM and DS2....

Everyone pictured above was very well behaved LOL and we had a lovely day. There was not a huge amount of quilts or vendors or even visitors so it was actually relatively stress-free pushing the buggy around. I imagine the weekend will be much busier.
I only did a small amount of shopping... Some homespuns for a current swap (and a brown dot print, not sure about that one - weird impulse buy LOL)

And some birthday fabric for 'Aunty' Vera who will be celebrating her 80-something birthday and is still quilting!



Then when I came home THE squishy was here! My 'Bag O Stuff' has arrived!!!
This is what I sent...

This is what Lorrie has created...

And a wonderful back as well!

And here's her statement

Thank you Lorrie - you've done a great job!

7 comments:

Juliann in WA said...

Your bag of stuff quilt is really fun and I love your fabrics from the show. Happy sewing

Anonymous said...

You lucky girl..Harrogate and all! But you should have had your mom take the picture of you and DS2 so we can see what you look like :o)
Nice homespuns!!
and just love your Bag o' stuff. What a great idea!

Have a good weekend!

Unknown said...

Great fabrics you got there your grandmother surely will be happy about what you bought for her. I think Lorrie did a great job using the fabrics!

Angie said...

Your bag-o-stuff quilt is absolutely adorable! What a wonderful original job Lorrie did!!

Yum, love those homespuns that you came home with...and wow, you go, Aunty Vera, with that quilting! LOL

Andrea said...

WishI could have gone too but there's always next year. You were very restrained with the shopping - good girl - lol ! Your little quilt is so lovely. Tell your DH to please get your sewing room sorted soon so you can put it on the wall :-)

Kate North said...

Nice selection of shopping - very restrained of you :)

Love the little sheep quiltlet; it's really sweet.

katepang said...

Love the bag o stuff. Love the dotty fabric!

Glad you're still up here (I've been missing reading blogs, as I've been busy).

I hope the autumn is really wet, so I can sew lots.