Sunday, 16 September 2007

Some of (my) life's questions

Sometimes I have to ask myself certain questions, some of them I can't ask here LOL, but these I can...

Why have we had a broken digger in our garden for a week and still no garden?

Because the caterpillar track broke on the digger and the 'digger man' is very busy. He fixed it today and swears it will be out of here tomorrow. We'll see. It has been fun to have a digger in the garden for 'tractor boy" (DS1), but not today! Today he went out and a few minutes later he was back with oil all over his jeans and raincoat. Anybody got any ideas how to get oil out of a raincoat??

Another of my questions is why do kids never sit still for photos?
Here DS2 comes to take a closer look at the camera again! (I have lots of these pictures!! Cameras must be really interesting if you're not quite 1 yet LOL)

Grandma went to Cambridge and came back with some T-shirts for the boys. DH studied there so he really liked them, but of course I could never get a shot with both boys looking ok at the same time!

And when I finally got focus, I also got tears!

Why do I sign up to swaps when I barely have time to brush my hair?

Because I can't help myself? Here the Bear Claws are finished for the swap and I hope to mail them tomorrow.

Quite a fiddly block for a blockswap and quite tricky fabric so I shall see IF I manage to do anymore...


And how do I know it's all worth it?


When I catch my child wrapped up in one of his quilts...
I can feel so grateful that I was able to make both of them (the kids and the quilts!)

3 comments:

Juliann in WA said...

Good reminder to focus on what is most important. That is a wonderful photo at the end.

Lynda said...

The photo at the end reminds me of a speaker at a local group who showed a quilt she had made for her son, but wouldn't let him take it with him to uni, in case he spilled coffee on it! Quilts are made to be used and snuggled in! Hooray!

Andrea said...

Lovely post !! Your bears paws blocks are great - well worth all the swearing when trimming them - lol !! Just what quilts are for in my opinion - snuggling up in !!