Friday, 21 September 2007

The post brings cheer to this nasty week

I have done nothing sewing related for days and I think last night may be why.... Continuing my terrible week, Thursday night my family and I spent most of the night racing to the bathroom with a tummy bug. (DS1 spent most of his throwing up in our bed - yuk!) so we are all feeling pretty jaded today. I heard the post van this morning, but I just could not raise myself to go and see what he had brought.

When I finally made it with wobbly legs the few steps to our postbox, I was delighted to see that Kate had sent me some good cheer. A great African block for my growing collection of these blocks in our one-on-one blockswap. I really enjoy this swap with Kate and the Roberta Horton book (The Fabric makes the Quilt) that I have recently purchased is sure to provide plenty of African inspiration for future blocks.


Kate also included some yummy rose fabric! I love roses and am doing a paper-pieced hexagon rose 'something' as my handwork project when I'm home in South Africa.
These are beautiful fabrics, and because they are FQ's I have something else in mind for them too. Thank you so much Kate. Hopefully we'll all be well tomorrow and I can start sewing again....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling better soon. Tummy bugs are the worst!!!

Unknown said...

These African fabrics are interesting, they are so different from the "usual" fabrics.

Anonymous said...

What size of rose fabrics do you need for your quilt? I can raid my scraps for some pieces for your quilt. When do you leave for SA?

Lynda said...

I remember the days of tummy bugs well. Children are spectacularly poorly (DD once managed to splatter her duvet, sheet, pillow, herself, the carpet and Dad, who had come in response to the wail, in one fell swoop! Shame he didn't have a nice parcel in the post to compensate him the next day. The African block is beautiful and so inspiring.

Andrea said...

Hola!
Soy Andrea de Río Grande, Tierra del fuego; Argentina;
visite tu blog y me gustó muchisimo tus trabajos y su calidad; yo te invito a visitar mi blog: http://andreapatchwork.blogspot.com

ojala te guste y puedas dejar tu opinion, te mando un saludo, Andrea