We messed about in the sand and when I washed my hands in the water, someone discovered that water and sand made MUD! He ran around like a loony shouting "MUD, MUD, MUD!"
He was so happy, it was lovely. We will go again!
Here are few things I've been working on. A top for Linus...
My September, October & November BlockBuddySwaps Maple leaves...
And my September Blockbuddy's "Focus Fabric" block (Waterwheel Variation it's called)...
The fabric is from Donna's shop and is called Forest Fire Batik (if I recall correctly). Each month we're making a Quilterscache block using a bit of focus fabric somewhere.
I'm also working on something with my bonus triangles from Bonnie's Pineapple Blossom which I did in butterfly prints. More on that later...
6 comments:
I really like the fabric you selected for "Waterwheel Variation" --- picking up the blue and blue-purple from the batik makes both of them dance. Being Canadian, those Maple leaves caught my eye too!
happy quilting!
The beach looks wonderful! I grew up near the coast and miss being able to jump over whenever. The maple leaves look great...can you believe it is almost time for the leaves to change color!!! Where did this past year go!!
What a cute little beach bug! I love your maple leaf blocks - great colors!
it's true - no one can truly appreciate mud in the same way as a small boy...
Your son is so cute. I can remember playing with mud, great stuff.
Those maple leaves look wonderful in purple - you just get so used to seeing them in autumn colours - now you've got me thinking........
Post a Comment