Wednesday, 12 September 2007

Busy, busy, busy

Things conspire against me daily as far as blogging goes LOL. Today I had time to blog, but had left my camera in the car which DH had borrowed and I thought I can't blog without a picture... I will find one to add to the end of this post as now it's too late and too dark to photograph the lovely fabrics Josie bought me on her holiday in China. Luscious silks (and cottons too) - very nice and many thanks Josie.

I have also not sewn a stitch as we have been out and about for the last 2 days and I'm exhausted... I could have worked on my bear paws for a swap, but I couldn't face squaring up 160 x 2 and 1/4" blocks for the claws! I will do them tomorrow!

So here's my pic to spice up this post...

I started this UFO when I lived in Germany. It's a Lone Star from a course which I did with Magda Goldbach. I didn't manage to get the squaring-up pieces in on the day (or even cut them!) and I never thought I'd be able to do them myself so I just left it. I'm sure I could probably manage them now, but I'm also wondering if I should finish it up as a tablecloth or a bed quilt or even a wallhanging... I fancy a bit of applique if I add white squares to it, but I'm not sure right now. Decisions, decisions LOL. Perhaps I'll wait for the next BQL Ostrich challenge (see mine from 2006 here) to do something with it....

1 comment:

Juliann in WA said...

White blocks and applique would be lovely for this block. That row of white really makes it shimmer.
The quilt top is on its way to you now. I put it in the mail yesterday afternoon after I stopped to puchase more packing tape - wanted to get that bag closed up tight!