Tuesday, 25 September 2007

A better, but busier week

It has taken me days to get over that nasty bug and I still don't feel myself, but maybe it's just a sign of getting older. After we were all sick, no-one wanted to touch a thing except DS1 who had lunch and then dinner! In fact, last night was the first proper meal I've had in days - sadly I will not be needing to change my entire wardrobe for a smaller size LOL

This week I won't be blogging much or sewing either, I imagine, as we have lots of birthdays coming up.
Crazy to think that it's been 3 years on Friday that I first screamed my lungs out with DS1 and next week it will be a year that DS2 smoothly and more calmly joined this little family of ours. Here DS2 wants to know who to talk to about getting some good stuff...


This time last year we were building an extension which needed a roof and I was going insane trying to 'nest' in the chaos. This time, this year we are renovating and needing another roof...

At least we've got a good view...

And DH managed to get the plastic sheeting back on just before the big rains came!!

My Mother is back safe and sound in South Africa so there was no holding me and my mess back in the 'spare' room..

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I know you have a little way to catch me up - but it's good to compare messy sewing areas - glad you're all on the mend albeit obviously slowly - and happy birthday to your gorgeous boys

Unknown said...

p.s. even without the roof on and window in I still envy you that glorious view :o)

Juliann in WA said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better. There are some yucky bugs going around at our school too. Seems early but you never know.

Andrea said...

Glad you're getting there - you must be feeling a bit better to make so much mess :-) Tidyness is so over-rated - lol ! Patrick and I wish your 2 little monkeys a big "Penblwydd Hapus" - sure you can guess what that means !

Unknown said...

I hope you and your family are getting over this bug once and for all. Your scenery is beautiful, is it a bedroom or a living room you are making?

Lynda said...

I had a bug a couple of weeks ago and, while I shifted the 2 pounds I gained while on holiday, it took me a good couple of weeks to fully get over it. Sorry to be so cheerful, but look after yourself. Envying you that fantastic view. Leicestershire is very nice, but speaking as a Derbyshire girl, it's too flat!