Wednesday, 7 March 2018

Auction Of Promises


I started this blog many moons ago 
so that I could keep my Mom up to date 
with a few things, 
one being my hobby...



Somehow, since she died I just haven't felt the urge to blog 
and I haven't had the time to sew like I used to...


I now work full time, 
have 3 kids and pursue other hobbies 
which are time consuming including 
photography and wine tasting ;)


BUT, I finished this quilt recently
and decided to donate it to my children's junior school 
for their 'Auction of Promises'
so here is a quick pic with the snowdrops 
before I drop it off...


*****
Today would have been my Mom's 78th Birthday.
Quite fitting, that I did manage some longarm-quilting for a friend, 
but more on that if I manage to blog again :)


5 comments:

Janet O. said...

A great quilt, Karol-Ann.
Good to hear from you again. Hope you do post again. I miss keeping up with you, but I also understand that blogging doesn't always fit into your life.

Kim said...

I remember when you mom passed away. Blogging has kinda lost its charm for many. Instagram appears to be an easy social outlet for former bloggers like me and perhaps you, too. This quilt that you donated to the school fundraiser is beautiful. It’s nice to hear that you are trying new things. Just so many interests to try out! And full time work is a big deal too. You sound happy in life. 😊

Lynda said...

Gorgeous quilt. Miss your posts. Sending good wishes your way.

Plum Cox said...

Beautiful quilt! Hope that it raises all the money that it deserves too.
Always difficult to lose a parent, but a lovely way to honour your mum's memory with this post. Your developing hobbies sound fun too!

Sending you a hug. x

Chookyblue...... said...

so please to hear from you........I have wondered where you went.......I love photography too.......maybe you could post some here on your blog.......hope the family is all well......