My handwork project for a while has been these tractor blocks,
that I designed as a part paper-piecing and part applique project.
I tend to take them with me when I am waiting for the children
at dancing or an activity where I have to wait for a while
(sometimes even babysitting for friends :o) )
I have made 2 quilts using my original tractor blocks.
They were just simple ideas to make some children's quilts that you can see here:
Now that I have an ever growing collection of tractor blocks,
in a variety of colours,
I decided that I should probably make a few more small quilts.
I am cutting 3.5" squares to create the first border...
*****
When putting the fabric squares together
I always use pieces of paper pinned to the start of rows
to keep a track of which row goes where.
Sometimes I use numbers,
but this time, top, bottom, left, right... seemed more appropriate.
Now to sew the rows and make these blocks grow!
4 comments:
They are so fun!
Very clever design. : )
Lovely blocks which any child will love!
I love the tractors, so bright and colourful.
Post a Comment