Wednesday, 4 November 2015

Wordy Wednesday

Instead of muttering about my bad blogging,
I will just write a photo-heavy post
to give a small indication of what I have been up to....

I have been making things 
for the Church Christmas fair with a friend
(who is now sick of pom-poms!!)

*****
I have longarm-quilted an old lady's quilt,
that needed quite a bit of TLC to even get it on the machine...
But it has turned out beautifully.

*****
Miss Kalico has turned 4!
A cake for home: 

Some lovely gifts from friends...

And a cake for the party! 

***** 
I made a little something for a colleague
who loves Lavender...

The Bullion stitch addiction continues
though not as relentlessly as before ;)

*****
I have made my ornament for the SSCS15...

This one took 2 evenings 
and was a lot trickier than I imagined,
but hopefully it will be well received.

******
And I am working on a few secret projects.
This one involves top levels of investigation
in order to correctly tailor the concept to the recipient.
So I am sewing although nothing for me.
I had grand plans to make Miss-Kalico and I
Halloween costumes, but I ran out of time :(
A friend gave me a Halloween costume 
in a rather tiny size. Although I was flattered,
I preferred to leave certain curves and bulges to people's imagination ;o)

Anyway, I will try and blog more soon xx

7 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

OMG Miss Kalico is 4......I can't believe the time has gone so fast..........

Janet O. said...

You have been busy!
Wow, four years of Miss Kalico--really?!?
That bullion stitch is perfect for the lavender!
You are stitching stealthily, it appears. Always fun. : )

Lynda said...

You've had a very fruitful time! Love the cakes!

Plum Cox said...

Four?!? Crikey!!! Lovely looking cake decoration, crafting and sewing, as ever! Looks like you've been really busy again!

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

No need for apologies you have been a busy productive girl--our Miss Callie Mae Calico is eight and she brings joy and delight to our lives everyday

Cath said...

all lovely photos of lovely projects...I had the same issue with blogging which is why I had to set a theme routine and Linky Parties to inspire my writing but still it seems I linger on the same old projects week in, week out...I do try to take and post lots of different photo's though! I hope we will see you more often....maybe after the silly Christmas season

ruthsplace said...

How is she 4 already!!

I haven't been blogging or sewing much this year, so you are ahead of me on the sewing front...