Monday, 5 October 2015

Daim Bar Cake


A friend at work loves Daim Bar's
and as it was her birthday,
I made her a Daim bar cake.


Basically it's a simple vanilla sponge
with some crushed Daim Bar pieces in the batter.

Then I iced the cake with 'Caramel Frosting'
(the recipe was found here: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/7506/caramel-frosting-i/
I doubled the quantities of the frosting recipe
so that I could put the frosting inside and on top.

Then I topped the cake with crushed Daim bar pieces
and mini Daim bars.

I believe it tasted ok ;o)
*****

I also embroidered a sheep 
in Bullion stitch on a heart as a little gift.


*****

Now I'm making another Minecraft patchwork block
as my other son has his birthday tomorrow....
I didn't measure this one 
so it's a bit of trial and error as to what it will end up as...
A tablet case WAS the plan, but we will see!

5 comments:

Cath said...

Never heard of Daim bars (sounds like something I could find at IKEA) but the cake looks quite decadent! The little sheep is very cute...I have always struggled with bullion stitch...yours are so neat!

Janet O. said...

Is a Daim bar a type of toffee bar? Looks like a yummy cake!

Lynda said...

The cake looks fabulous! I'm sure your friend was bowled over by it.

Plum Cox said...

Sounds yummy!
Love that your bullion knot love affair is continuing - beautiful!

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Not familiar with Daim Bars. The bullion stitch sheep is awesome