Sometimes I amaze myself.
I was incredibly lucky again.
I didn't measure...,
I just cut a piece of fabric into binding strips
and hoped that it was enough for two quilts.
Even after I sewed the binding on the first quilt,
I didn't measure to check if I had enough for the second quilt...
Gosh, I must have felt foolishly confident
because the small strip of green in this photo is all I had left!!!
At the same time I cut binding for a quilt I am working on
for a very expedited project.
Again...I haven't measured...
I'll keep you posted!
This is the work in progress....
It feels like drawing with thread...
Perhaps swifter than I would have preferred,
but time is of the essence...
And done in an evening.
The longest day of the year,
so done in a day!
A long day!
5 comments:
That was very lucky. Hope the luck continues.
Now you have me curious as to what you have created! : )
Wow! You've been busy! Great looking quilting!
very lucky with the binding - I'm so pleased for you! Much nicer than finding that you were that amount short, which does occasionally happen in this house!
You amaze me all the time!!!
Joyce (no blog)
Well done you . Your just a super star :-)
I think sometimes after making and binding so many quilts, you learn to eyeball measure quite accurately.......doesn't mean mistakes aren't made. I have ended up being that short at some time or other.
Post a Comment