DH managed to put my Longarm quilting machine back together.
He described as playing with giant Meccano ;)
And he did a good job.
It's all back together and it's even had a test run!
I made up a little quilt last night,
quilted it tonight.....
and will hopefully get the binding on tomorrow night...
Just in time for a very quick gift that is needed for
a colleague expecting a baby.
Not sure why I went for frogs,
but she knows she's having a boy
and she has such a cool design and dress sense
I thought she could 'do' frogs ;)
*****
Here's a shot of my machine.
She's a big girl with a 24" throat on a 12 foot table.
The last time I sewed with her was the day my Mom died.
I have missed them both the last few months
but I'm ready to sew again
even if I'm not ready to feel better about my Mom just yet...
*****
I took this photo to show the quilted top,
the black spotty backing and the paper pantograph used
(stars and loops again - one of my favourites for a boy!)
*****
My parting shot is of the part of the living room
where my sewing table used to live.
All my stuff (ok, ok most of it)
is out of the living room and in my 'studio' now.
7 comments:
So glad you are set up for quilting again!
Good to see that you are ready to quilt again. Hopefully it will be therapeutic for you.
Some of those frog fabrics are familiar--I think I have bits of some of them. It looks like a great "baby boy" quilt!
Good that you're ready to quilt again, and the frogs will be perfect for a baby!
That must be good to get your long arm working again!
Great little quilt - I like frogs too!
my stuff was all the the dining room too until i got the Chookshed...........so much better to have it all out there......enjoy getting back into your quilting.........hugs
Good work. SO glad you have your long arm machine again. Happy quilting. The other will improve as and when. Enjoy the little things. xx
Great to know your up and run I g again . I'm in Harogate at the quilters guild AGM till Monday . Talk soon
Post a Comment