Friday, 10 October 2014

Rose Star Hexagons - A Finish!

Finished...., 

 Hand pieced over papers, 
the English paper Piecing way,

Longarm-quilted by me,
 bound in red spots..

and backed in a pretty wild Kaffee Fassett print..
Finished in about 2 years at a very leisurely pace LOL!
I must say, once the paper-piecing was done,
I missed it. I love a bit of handwork!
*****
I parked at the side of the road
to get these photos.
My impatient passengers
didn't give me much time to take the photos....
... but if you look in the second and third photos
 you'll see why I stopped here....
I wanted a photo of my favourite tree that has lost it's leaves.
Autumn is on it's way!

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Only one word for it - Stunning!!!

Chookyblue...... said...

lovely photos of the quilt.........you should be very happy..........

Janet O. said...

Gorgeous quilt! And a lovely, pastoral setting!

ruthsplace said...

Oh wow!!!! It's amazing!

Lynda said...

It's beautiful, but how could you bear to use a Kaffe Fassett for the back!

Fran said...

It really is stunning!

Beverley said...

Absolutely fabulous.

Carole said...

Well, you've done an excellent job for two reasons :
1 : it's gorgeous and the colours, the fabrics, everything is harmonious
2 : now I'm yearning to take up paper piecing again...
but it's time to go to bed. I think I'm going to dream about it. Maybe I'm going to make a research and browse beautiful pictures and go to bed later... I'm impatiently waiting for the holidays to be able to put in practice all the projects I have in mind (crochet, blocks, paper piecing...)
Also read the previous post, your children are so sweet ! I can hardly believe miss Kalico is already such a big girl !

Carli The Quilter said...

I'd done a few Hexie projects and have just decided that I need to move to the next level, this is stunning!!

Carli The Quilter said...

This quilt is a finish to be remembered!! Way to go, I have one of these in my future. I'd love to follow you but find that I really need your post to come into my inbox. Can you add the email option and let me know when you get to it, carlithequilter@gmail.com

Plum Cox said...

Amazing! Well done on such a fabulous finish!
I'm now looking forward to seeing that tree in future works now!

Petra said...

Wow that is an amazing quilt...a labour of love. Thanks for sharing, a real inspiration😃

Rose E. Glasses said...

I must ooooo and aaaaaa over your fabulous quilt. Yet, not to take lightly your hard work to complete this quilt of love... I was more drawn to your camera view and....the photo art of the quilt with in a pastoral setting with a tree you enjoy watching....and then...as I followed your train of thought... the kids in the van made me chuckle.

Your post is a wonderful perspective of how interesting imperfection moments caught in time, can make total perfection....A story of a well lived life. Thanks for sharing your joys.

Lady of the Cloth said...

absolutely beautiful! Two years isn't such a long time for such a masterpiece and the setting where you took the photo is breathtaking. You get a gold star for this one.