Tuesday, 4 February 2014

Coconut Oat Cookies

COCONUT & OAT COOKIES
I make these with Gluten-Free Flour
and Gluten-Free Oats 
(and a teaspoon Xantham Gum!)
INGREDIENTS
315 g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp bicarb
1 teaspoon salt
200 g caster sugar
220 g soft brown sugar
225 g unsalted butter
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
160 g porridge oats
150 g dessicated coconut

METHOD
Preheat oven to 180 degrees centigrade (Gas 4)
Lightly grease baking trays or use parchment paper
Sieve flour, bicarb, baking powder and salt together and set aside.
In another bowl cream butter and sugars together. 
Beat in egg and vanilla. 
Add flour mixture and beat until smooth, about 2 minutes. 
Stir in oats and coconut.
Shape dough into balls and place on prepared baking trays.
Bake at 180 c/ gas 4 for 12-15 minutes.

ENJOY!
The recipe was from allrecipes.com
I found the recipe on my tablet, 
but when I tried to find it on the desktop computer
the ingredients were different so I wrote them out 
and am posting them here to refer to again as these biscuits are fabulous!!!

2 comments:

Plum Cox said...

They sound yummy! Might make them with my DDs at the weekend!

Kate North said...

Those sound lovely. I also might have to have a go at them. Though perhaps not this weekend, as I am committed to making an ice-cream cake shaped like an ice-cream sandwich, for someone's birthday...