Someone made a snippy comment to me the other day,
they have 2 children and they said:
"You only have one child more than me!"
Implying I shouldn't make a fuss and I should just get on with it??
Yes I just have one more....
Just one more who is now only 2!
(2nd Birthday cake!)
Just one more who needs constant attention
or she's likely to spill, break or colour in etc...
EVERYTHING!
Just one more who needs all functions monitoring and supervising.
Just one more who needs mental and emotional stimulation.
Just one more who is at home with me most of the time...
(and I love that soooooooooo much!!)
Just one more, who along with the other 2
needs feeding, and clean clothes and a clean house and and and...
I'm not complaining!!
I love my 'just one more!'
And my family:
And the wonder of purple cauliflower!:
And the vitality of youth:
And where we live:
And the very occasional lie-in:
And the sewing that I do get done:
So yes, just one more,
but it's a lot more.
A lot more to love!!









8 comments:
I'm always amazed at the things that come out of people's mouths!
Happy Birthday to Baby Calico. Love seeing all the photos of her and your family.
You have a beautiful family, and a beautiful setting in which to live.
A friend of mine once told me that having the first two kids was easy. You have a hand for each one, and when needed, you can sit between them. The third one creates all the challenges. But it is so worth it! : )
you've got 3 kids and all the time in the world......get on with it........
Just joking.......tell them to bugger off..........you could have 1 kid or 10 kids it depends on the needs and ages of the kids.....
my kids are so different....
if you can't say something nice don't say it at all...some people should remember that.....
One more yummy birthday cake to eat every year! ;-)
A great response! Looks like you have a lovely family. Thanks for sharing your photos.
What a wonderful and inspiring post. My four are all out of the nest - enjoy and give thanks for every minute and day you have with your blessings.
Oh my, there is always someone who knows better isn't there ? I noticed that with kids, it's not 1+1+1, it's more like a Richter scale where things multiply ! (there is a specific name for that but I can't remember it...)
Great quilt for your lie-ins, by the way. Enjoy your time with your lovely family :)
As my dear Step Dad would have said, "Take a lot of no notice". Cheeky wotsits.
Post a Comment