I have had sick children for over 2 weeks now!!!
Do you know what that means!?!?!
It means they are home off school,
they NEED constant attention
and they create a LOT of extra laundry.
Besides all that there is the worry...
you worry that they seem so unwell,
that some nasty bug just won't go away...
or some nasty teeth are causing pain...
and all you want is to see them better.
Then when they are vaguely better,
you want to sew!!!
Over the last week, I didn't feel
that I could spend much time in the studio
as there was always one child
either crying or being sick,
so I brought in some fabrics from the studio
and just decided to cut, cut, cut!
(I cut scraps for easy use and I cut a new project.)
In my previous post, I showed the quilt
that inspired my Jelly Bean Borders.
I have really liked that quilt from the first time I saw it.
I also have quite a few Fat Quarters
that I have been 'saving' for a special project.
Well, I wanted to do this project
and I also wanted to use some of these 'special' fabrics....
Here are the first few sewn up.
I think I have another 20 something cut out...
I'm planning on making 48 blocks
and then I'll see what it looks like
with the same borders as before.
I'm not sure all the blocks will 'work',
but I'll decide that when I have more.
It's really nice to use these favourite FQ's
for some of the blocks as it brings back memories
of either being gifted them or buying them.
*****
Here is one very good excuse
why my house is never tidy!!!:
How can you get cross with a face like this:
Innocence and light LOL
9 comments:
This looks wonderful.
Greetings Grit
Oh wow, you can totally tell from her red cheeks that she is teething ! She's such a big girl now... Good luck with you household of sick children, this year it IS a NASTY bug, we've never had so many absent pupils and teachers.
Take care of yourself too, generally the mom's immune system ends up collapsing...
I hope everyone is well now. It seems to be the year for lots of nasty bugs.
That is so hard to have little ones sick for an extended time--and I think the worrying can be the worst part.
You made good use of your time. Those are great looking blocks.
What a face. That will melt hearts!
sure hope everyone is well and back at school etc...........take care of yourself too.......
Poor children, poor you! I know just what you mean about just wanting a bit of quilting time after extra time mothering small children - and it looks like you've been hugely productive in the circumstances!
I remember the days when I could never find anything in the 'tins cupboard' because it had been emptied and filled so many times that it was just a heap of cans! Good work on using those special FQs - I'm still stroking mine!
What a cute little lady she is. I like the fabrics you are using.
Your baby daughter is indeed very innocent and so sweet. I think I can remember those days with my girls. Loved every minute.
Post a Comment