Monday, 21 January 2013

On the back of The Lily Quilt

Not what you need when you're trying to do
teeny tiny stitches to secure your applique vines down...
 

But she is very sweet
and I guess she's showing her appreciation
for the art of quilting...
and she is lovely company!
 

She's sitting on the back of a white quilt
(thankfully, it's the back!!!)
But it shows all the papers that are still in the quilt
from my English-Paper-Piecing method
of Marti Mitchell's Carolina Lily quilt.
 
 
As I've said before, Marti's pattern is for machine sewing,
but I like to hand-sew.
I also like to leave the papers in until I'm done.
(Luckily I have left the papers in as they act as a cat hair barrier LOL)

I Paper-pieced the borders on as well. 
That required sellotaping large pieces of paper together
to make my border templates.
All good quilty fun ;o)

6 comments:

Brigitte said...

Cute pictures! Would love to see the front 😊

Grit's Life said...

Oh this is so cute with your cat.
Liebe Grüße Grit

Kate North said...

Well, you know what I think of English paper piecing.... but the quilt looks fab. :)

Janet O. said...

That is so funny. That cat appears to be settled in for the long haul. : )

Ann-Mari said...

Looks like you and the cat are enjoying yourself. Looking forward to see the top all put together.

Anonymous said...

Oh she looks so comfy... Bet she was as snug as a bug in a rug!