I still haven't done a blog post
listing my quilting goals for 2013,
but they do include this project
which I started in 2010...
The pattern is 'Carolina Lily'
by Marti Mitchell.
I decided to English Paper-piece the entire quilt
even thought the pattern gives machine-sewing instructions!!
(I'm an English-Paper-Piecing-kind-of-girl!)
I am presently trying to get the applique border on...
This involves pinning the vines and leaves.
I made a mistake and now need 24 extra leaves
- when the error was discovered I took a break from the project,
but I have now decided to turn that 'difference'
in to my own variation of the pattern ;o)
During pinning, I had help!:
Well probably 'company'
would be a better word than 'help'!
So the game went something like:
'You pin, I pull!':
You tell me off, I pull again...
I chew...
Hold on a minute!! No chewing!!!
8 comments:
Oh my dear, Abby is quite some little helper! Love your Lily quilt!
Your quilt is beautiful and the kitty is very clever! They really must believe that they are helping.
The Carolina quilt is just gorgeous, I think it's amazing that it's all hand-pieced.Your cat pics gave me a giggle.
That is a lovely quilt. Isn't it funny what can derail a project?
With company like that, you need help!
Such a beautiful quilt, lovely that you used EPP...love the sue spargo pin cushion too :)
I can hardly believe you paper pieced the quilt! All the lily points are so sharp! And your 'leaf variation' will surely be perfect!
Being from Carolina...I especially love your Carolina Lily quilt. So beautiful (like all your quilts!). We are so lucky to have good kitty help, eh?
Quilting with a cat is always such fun!!
Post a Comment