Sunday, 20 January 2013

Ice Beans

I managed to get into my studio
(after my DH put the wood-burning fire on for me!!)
and sew up the 8 'Corn & Bean' blocks that I needed
to make a sensible layout
for a baby quilt.

I laid them out on the floor,
took a photo,
but when I came back to pin the blocks together
I made a few changes
so the layout that will be sewn together will be different
from this photo:

I blatantly copied Sio's 'Candy Corn' (or Carnival Corn) Blocks!
She's one of my quilt hero's and is a constant source of inspiration!
What do they say? Copying is the purest form of flattery -
or something like that! :o) Thanks Sio!
I have another idea for the borders of mine though...

*****

The icy weather that we've been having
yielded a giant popsicle
(an old bin that housed some bits of garden equipment!)
and DS1 absolutely loved smashing it to bits!
Boys, eh!!??!

4 comments:

Janet O. said...

I recall Sio's quilt like this. Yours is just as great. I love it. I'm curious to see how you border it.

Lynda said...

Your Corn and Beans looks great to me, and I can't get the links to work, so don't know what you're aiming for. Will it be better?

YankeeQuilter said...

It is coming along great! I got my inspiration from a quilt top I bought at a country auction in South Carolina...maybe I should have called it Carolina Corn!

Margaret Cooter said...

Going away from it for a while is such a good strategy for laying out blocks ... the eye refreshes itself, and there always seems to be something important that needs changing, in my experience...