Saturday, 28 July 2012

Summer (!) School Holidays

Means less time to sew than ever!
But it also means trying to spend time doing fun stuff...
weather permitting!
We keep hearing how other parts
of the country have glorious sunshine.
Not us! Today it poured with rain again
as I drove to fetch the boys from Grandma.
Yes, you read right!
I am driving again.
Just short journeys to get back into it,
but it certainly feels good to be free again!!
** 
Last weekend we went for a picnic
in the fells.
The kids love it there
and we can sit on a quilt
and watch them paddle and potter around.
Baby-Kalico loves crawling around
 trying to eat the long grasses :)

*****

I am so behind on my blog!
I forgot to post that the week before last,
a friend came to visit
 and while she looked after our 2 girls,
I sewed up some dribbly bibs for her daughter.
Here the 2 girls are modelling my samples...
I didn't sew Miss-Kalico any,
as she's a weirdly non-dribbly baby ;)
But her friend has enjoyed testing her bibs out...
Even though it's exhausting work!
*****
Miss Kalico is now 9 months old and
has been enjoying the singalong at a local coffee shop
 where the shop owner
has kindly stocked some of my sewn items...
I'm never going to be rich,
but it helps make the school holidays
a little bit more fun :)

*****

Here's a parting shot
of Miss K on 'my' quilt...
 Nothing is sacred in this house :)

6 comments:

Diane-crewe said...

she is growing so well .. and pretty as well x hope it dries up a bit soon x

Janet O. said...

Oh, but isn't life grand! Cute kids, beautiful countryside, good friends. And you are driving! Yippee!

Anonymous said...

you must take me to youpaddling pool , it looks lovely Vicky C

Plum Cox said...

Lovely photos and a beautiful spot for the children to play - it looks absolutely idyllic! Glad to hear that you are driving again too, it must be a great feeling!

Anonymous said...

So good to read your news...sounds like you are slowly getting back into the swing of things. Nothing like being able to drive and get back to "normal" That picnic spot looks so inviting, bet Baby Kalico can't wait until she can wade in with the boys!

Lynda said...

Lovely family pics, and so gld you have a good attitude about your quilts. I went to a talk recently and a (well-known) quilter showed a quilt she'd made for her son which he wasn't allowed to take to uni with him incase he spilled coffee on it!