Sunday, 19 February 2012

The Week That Was...

This was my week:

Monday went by in a bit of a blur...

Tuesday I dropped off my Cathedral Stars and a applique heart quilt
which will knock 2 UFO's off my list (as well as Vicky's quilts) at Chris for quilting -
I can't wait to get my quilts back and bound!!

Wednesday I went to a distant hospital for a CT scan of my legs.
If it wasn't so sad, it would be funny,
but the Radiographer asked me to straighten my leg as he said it was skew.
I replied: "That's why I am here!"
Vicky came with me to look after Baby-Kalico
while I was exposed to radiation :)
Afterwards we treated ourselves to a little fabric shopping...
I found some real treasures.
A lovely piece of Kaffe Fassett which will make a great backing:
And even a small piece of Tilda :)

We arrived back to find a parcel from Kate
which included 3 lovely quilt tops for Project Linus
and 2 gorgeous rose blocks for me!
Thanks Kate!

Somewhere between Thursday and Saturday I made this:
And put these together:

Friday we visited my SIL and I snapped a few photos of my little Kalicos:


And today I snapped these gorgeous sheep on the way home from the shops....
So that was a bit of my week (what I can remember LOL)

9 comments:

Plum Cox said...

Funny, I didn't even know that sheep went shopping!
I really love your patchwork roses - gorgeous - as are 'the little calicos'!

Cath said...

Can't believe how busy you have been with a leg issue and 3 small kiddies. They are gorgeous by the way. Reminds me of my trio. I have 2 boys and a girl who are grown up now but they look around the same age difference. Lastly, the sheep photo is spectacular. I was born in yorkshire and it runs in my blood. Long to go back.

Vicki W said...

The Kalicos are all so cute! I hope that getting the Xrays means that you will get to have your surgery soon.

dutchcomfort said...

Three cute little Kalico’s!!

Sorry to hear about your leg. Do you need surgery again?

Carole said...

Glad for you, your week was way more fun than mine ! Love the pics of your lovely Kalicos and of the sheep. Have a nice week !

Janet O. said...

Sorry that all is not well. I am a new enough follower that I am not aware of the leg trouble you are dealing with.
Shots of your little ones are very precious!
Gorgeous photo of the sheep.

Katie Z. said...

Good luck with the leg work! Soon, I hope, it will be better, although crutches with a wee one will be exciting.

I keep looking at your lovely blocks and sternly reminding myself that I do not hand piece tidily enough to take on a whole new quilt!

Anonymous said...

Busy busy...love all the pics and reading all about your week.

Lynda said...

Can't decide whether I like your pictures of baby Kalico or the hexagon rose best! Silly me, of course it's the baby!