Friday, 9 December 2011

Good friends, Quilt Memories...

It's nice when you find a memory
in a box full of photos and general 'stuff''...

Not only did my dear friend Birgit send me this postcard....
But Birgit also sent me this beautifully pieced
red and cream heart block...
(which became the centre...)
And they both evolved into this quilt:
So although, I have not finished sorting the box of 'stuff'
that I was supposed to sort out,
I did enjoy a trip down Memory Lane!
Thanks Birgit!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful quilt pattern. You have a wonderful friend.

Janet O. said...

This is a lovely quilt. What a unique pattern. I don't think I have seen anything like it.

Lisa Werdel said...

This is a great quilt, congratulations ! and yes, don't you just love finding stuff like that ! everytime we move I find a box like that and a day of packing is lost :-)

Diane-crewe said...

isnt it wonderful to be distracted? AND remeber all the thoughts and feelings from that time xx

Fran said...

That is a very beautiful quilt! I love it.

Jeanne said...

It's beautiful! Now you've made a bigger memory.

Karen said...

The red and green heart quilt is a beauty.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Beautiful quilt.