Thursday, 27 October 2011

Thank You from Baby-Kalico!

Thank you to everyone for all the lovely messages
and kind comments about our little girl
(or my new sewing companion as I like to think of her!)
An extra special thanks to Andrea (Welsh Quilter)
 for this really beautiful hexagon quilt
that she made for Baby-Kalico.
It is so beautiful and I confess I did shed a little tear (or two)
upon opening the parcel today.
There was also a beautiful knitted cardigan in the parcel,
which I'll photograph on her when she's awake!

Thank you Andrea for your very generous and beautiful gift.
And thank you to everyone for making my little baby
feel so welcome to the world!

13 comments:

dutchcomfort said...

Ohh she’s so lovely!!
Andrea made some gorgeous gifts!

And... you can’t start soon enough telling your new quilting companion about fabrics...

Hugs))

Janet O. said...

What beautiful gifts Andrea sent for Baby Kalico!!
Give that precious little one an extra cuddle and kiss for me. I love babies--what a jewel!!

Katie Z. said...

Happy to oblige. I love babies.

Chookyblue...... said...

she is gorgeous all wrapped in the haexagon quilt..........Lovely work by Andrea...........

Carole said...

She looks so sweet ! and the quilt is gorgeous. She'll love playing with your scraps and will come one day "Mommy can you teach me to sew ?" and your heart will swell. But everything in its time...

Mary Johnson said...

Congratulations! And a quilt too - such a lovely gift for a sweet little girl!

Toni said...

What precious gifts and I definitely think pink is her color :)

Kim said...

Your beautiful daughter is looking very content snuggled into her pretty quilt. Andrea is a dear to send these sweet, soft snugly gifts. Love the knit cardigan - the perfect quilt companion with it's light softness. The fabric colors in the quilt are vibrant - just perfect! Glad to hear that all is well...could you not just snuggle right in with her looking all cozy there? Brings to mind this poem;
Cooking and cleaning can wait til tomorrow
For babies grow up, I've learned to my sorrow
So, settle down cobwebs, dust go to sleep
I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep.

Anonymous said...

Oh she's beautiful! and that quilt is so pretty!

Ann-Mari said...

She looks beautiful. Congratulation on the birth of your daughter. She is lucky to have amum with friends that sew sutch lovely quilts for her:-D

pricillaprecise said...

Congratulations! Isn't she gorgeous! I love your stated hope/intention for Harriet - quilting companion. Great idea. Enjoy every minute. ...Margaret

bingo~bonnie said...

What a Beautiful and precious gift!!! Of course I'm talking about Harriet Rose :) what a blessing.


...and the quilt is a pretty cool gift too :)

Congrats and Love from Indiana! ~bonnie

annemariesquilt said...

Wow wonderful Hexagon quilt!!!
And a wonder little baby too ;-))