Thursday, 20 October 2011

Running Out of Time

Tomorrow I have to go into hospital to be induced.
I have not felt very happy about this decision, but feel that,
obviously, Baby-Kalico takes priority over my dreams
of a calm and peaceful labour
at the hospital that I want to deliver at.
With me not having felt 100% the last few weeks,
I can, at least, look forward to holding a healthy baby
and getting back to a healthy me (from tomorrow if all goes well).

My nesting instincts have been almost non-existent and sewing slow going...
Although, I have managed to quilt this table topper with my own writing...
It's bound and ready for use, but the matching runner is only basted
and waiting to be quilted. However, in the meantime,
I found some quilting inspiration on You Tube.
And I shall think calm and peaceful thoughts until I can update the blog again...

15 comments:

Gayle and Rob said...

Praying you'll have a quick delivery and soon a sweet daughter to love.

Katie Z. said...

I had to be induced two out of three pregnancies (and the first missed being induced by 3 1/2 hours!), and while I would have preferred otherwise, babies do have their own opinions and they do come out all right. Well wishes sent your way!

Janet O. said...

I was induced with my last two--not my favorite, but sometimes the best option. I wish you well.
I'm just getting into the machine quilting world. Your table topper looks good and I enjoyed the link to the tutorial.
Best wishes for a safe delivery!!

Bonnie K. Hunter said...

Thinking of you all the way! Breathe! Breathe! Breathe!!

Love and hugs!
Bonnie

mereth said...

I'll be thinking of you and sending all good wishes your way. I hope everything goes smoothly and we'll be looking forward to meeting the new baby soon!

Ali Honey said...

Wishing you a very straight forward delivery, with as little hassle as possible. Good Luck!

Helen said...

Have a good labour, although it is induced. We have to accept that not all things can be controled. Hope to see a picture of a happy mum with her baby-Kalico!

Pascale said...

I think you must be in the hospital right now, so will read this later. My best wishes for the birth of your daughter. As you say she is the most important at the moment. Holding her in your arms will negate all the delivery efforts, like for the boys.
About the inductions, I had it every time, that's 4 out of 4, so don't know the natural way (3 girls were late).

Anonymous said...

(((hugs))) and happy happy thoughts for a quick and routine delivery! Can't wait to see pictures!

pricillaprecise said...

All the best for a smooth delivery. Thinking of you today especially. ...Margaret

pricillaprecise said...

All the best for a smooth delivery. Thinking of you today, especially.
Margaret

Kim said...

Perhaps by now your family has already welcomed Little Miss Kalico to the family and congratulations are in order! Hope all has gone well. :o)

Beverley said...

I'm sure we'll all be pleased to see you back here soon with your new baby. GOOD LUCK.

Lady of the Cloth said...

My best wishes for a quick delivery and speedy recovery. I can't wait to see that little one.

Carole said...

Well, by the time I have caught up, you should now be over with the ordeal and Baby Kalico is surely in her mother's arm by now. I hope everything went well.
Welcome baby Kalico !