Well, if you wondered where I've been,
I have been doing a few nights trial run at
the maternity hopitals (!) nearby.
No sign of baby, but a kidney infection!
So I am now on a 2 week course of antibiotics
and hope to be fit and well when baby is due.
Sadly, my hospital stays coincided with my brother's visit from South Africa,
but we did get to have one lovely lunch together:
A food shot for those of you who like foodie pics ;o)
(Fig & Blackberry Tart with cinnamon ice-cream)
My hospital visits also disrupted several birthdays:
My youngest turned 5 and my husband turned...
well, never mind that LOL, but he was very understanding
that we had to postpone any celebrations
while I was getting hospital bed rest:
A nasty drip, but paid to any chance of hand sewing for a day or so...
But lovely visitors brightened up my stay!!!!
And progress as been made on my folded hexagons:
Now to just get better and ready for our little girl's arrival
in about 2 and a half weeks!
13 comments:
Cinnamon icecream is an autumn favorite! Get well soon...
I'm a quilter from Florida who checks your blog every day and appreciates your inspiration and would love to live where you do. You are in my prayers for a quick return to good health and a regaining of strength in time for sweet baby girl's arrival. (I just had a new grand-daughter in Sept and I know how special they are.)
Oh dear! A serious infection it was from the looks of things. Wishing you wellness and very soon before the little girl arrives! A daughter! :o) Happy birthday wishes to the boys...no doubt you had preferred to be home celebrating with them.
Not the hospital visit I had been expecting to hear about! Sorry things haven't gone smoothly and hope you are well soon!
I love the way your hexagon project is coming along!
Cinnamon ice cream sounds luscious!
I had no clue that you were expecting another baby. Congrats. Sorry to read you haven't been feeling well. Hope you recover quickly and can enjoy the arrival of this baby girl. Mean while try to focus on regaining your strength and getting well.
Oh my dear, you have been one unlucky duck! I hope all will be fine before baby kalico will arrive! And Happy (belated) Birthdays to the boys (the young one and the older one as well!)
Hugs))
This seems to be such a busy time for you. Hospital, visits, birthdays, and the birth coming. Hopefully everything will be well from now on. and well done on still sewing.
Oh no - what a nuisance. Hope them tablets kick in quick and you're feeling well asap. Can't believe you have only 2 weeks-ish to go. Lots of love xxx
goodluck.........hope you are well now til the baby arrives...........
You have been on my mind all day! Now I know why! Take care of yourself and get better soon! ((Hugs))
I was just thinking about you this weekend and wondering if you absence meant that the baby had arrived. I'm sorry you wound up in hospital but glad to hear that you are on the mend just in time for baby!
Wishing you the v best.
Bought wool for baby cardigan at Knitting and Stitching show last week and making good progress so two and a half weeks is just fine.
Hang on in there!!!!
V best
Joyce F (aka Joyce no blog)
Sorry to hear that you were laid up in hospital, but pleased to hear that you were well enough to manage a little sewing still (and impressed that you had some ready to take with you - good work!). I hope that the antibiotics do their stuff and that you and the baby are fine and dandy both pre- and post- birth.
Post a Comment