When I was a child my aunt made me a rag doll and my mother still has it. I have never made a doll before, I guess I never had the need, but I have been wanting to try one and so I bought a pattern and tried it out...
I didn't want to go too pink, so it got a red dress, to go with the red baby quilt...
I had some issues with the pattern and it's lack of seam allowances on the dress as well as the overly full skirt etc, as well as some problems with the hair... but overall it wasn't a complete disaster so I might try another one at some point...
I signed up for a course called 'Create your Child's Summer Wardrobe', but it has unfortunately been cancelled due to lack of participation... Probably just as well as I don't need another hobby now, do I? :-)
10 comments:
Very, very cute. My first (and only) doll for my girls is not nearly so cute.
She's lovely - what will you call her?
She´s so nice! May I ask where you bought the pattern that I can make one too?
Very sweet!
i think she is sweet!
Nope, not a complete disaster at all. It's really lovely.
I would love to make my own wardrobe and my daughters' but... my sewing table hasn't been cleared of all my scraps yet !
I think your doll is a great success, she has some personality. Maybe you will make more of them. Where do you have workshops to make your children's clothes. That sounds interesting. Probably too far for me.
The doll is NOT a disaster, it is really cute.
The doll is NOT a disaster, it is really cute.
She's really sweet.
I think rag dolls and Raggedy Anne's are making a bit of a come back.
Post a Comment