I guess from now on, no blog post will exist without my (lazy) quilty cat! :-D
Yesterday I discovered that my friend and his wife had had their baby on Sunday so the baby quilt top that has been sitting around waiting to be basted, quilted and bound needed doing a.s.a.p. With a spurt of energy, I ironed the backing, which I had with some foresight pre-washed last week, and pin basted the quilt. I only S.I.T.D.-ed, but hey, I prefer making tops to finishing them :-)
Then I sewed the binding on. I used this lovely purpley-pink batik I have had in my stash for a while. It's definitely time to use those fabrics I love or someone else will be when I am gone!!
I hope to get it done tonight and then I can move on to another deadline quilt. This one is the novelty or pink string one with a self-imposed deadline by me... I think I need deadlines LOL
On the weekend I finally cut into the charm pack that I won in the raffle when I visited Germany and the Black Forest Quilters. I had donated 2 prizes so was allowed as an exception and a non-member (although I would LOVE to be a member and fly over EVERY month for meetings!!) to buy a ticket.
I saw the pattern in 'Triangle Free Quilts' by Judy Hopkins (Great book!) and have sewed all the charms into these blocks so far.
Obviously (if you know me) I did not do it the same size and obviously (me again!) I am going to change it and add sashings in white similar to Kate's first Baby quilt in this post.
DH has been very industrious in the veg patch this year. I have been designated chief seed sower LOL. 
This basically means that my job is to get seeds to seedlings, he then plants the seedlings or mini plants and then takes all the glory. Considering it's back breaking work digging bean trenches, I'll give him his well-deserved praise, although we're going 50/50 with the vegetables (especially the peas) LOL
7 comments:
I love your kitty!! And I'm sure she will become a great quilt inspector!
It's nice to have a baby top laying around to just "whip" up into a quilt LOL!
Looks like you have been busy, pulling from your stash pile...I love the charm quilt!
I'm planting my garden as well, I need to start more seedlings! Yours is going to be a great garden!!
If that started out as a charm pack - how tiny are the cornerstones and the sashing? Eek, no room for 1/4" ish on the seams!
Very cute blocks (although the sashing looks MINISCULE.
Good luck getting your mojo back... I'm still wondering why mine is so low!
Really like what you did with the charm blocks. I have lots of herbs going this year but am a bit behind already in the garden (except of course the strawberries but those my Dh's favorite and the only thing he helps with!)
I like the triangle-free quilt! I just made a very similar one, using Bonnie Hunter's Sticks and Stones pattern, but there's no sashing in that. I like it!
Lovely charm blocks!
Your quilt inspector looks worn out...:o)
Jane
Great idea for the charm squares...I might just "borrow" that idea some time :o)
Post a Comment