Sewing-wise though I have been making lots of reversible sunhats for summer...
I love making them because I can handsew the lining in while watching TV (not that I watch much TV, but when I do...)
The boys and I went to the beach by train on the long weekend, but we ended up in the cinema and market to escape the howling wind. In the market I bought ice creams for the boys and lots of yummy wool for me...
(The bonus about having a four-year old is that he only eats half an ice cream, so I technically got wool AND ice cream too LOL)
The weather has been very dry. Windy, very windy, but sunny too. So lots of time has been spent in the garden. Growing seeds, starting a little flower bed...
And letting Abby explore outside (making sure that the door is open so that she can charge back in when something startles her... ;-0 )
April was really busy with lots of overnight guests and even a birthday for me. I was spoilt by my friend's daughter who made me this magnificent cake when they came to stay:
And Vicky made me this gorgeous bag out of a sweater that I had worn, loved and managed to shrink in the wash. Thanks Vicky, I love it!
Next year is a BIG birthday for me. I will have to change my gift motto which is usually 'If I can't eat it, drink it or bath in it, I don't want it' to 'If it isn't slimming, anti-ageing and in an easy to open container, I can't use it' :-D
5 comments:
I love your hats! And I am begging you to let me know how you are making them, very lovely.
Was macht dein Cathedral Stars? Ich habe zwölf Blöcke fertig, puh.
Greetinfs from Germany, Dorothea
So nice to se Abby outdoors exploring. My little Rusken is also allowed to go outdoors to explore, and he loves it. But he is having trouble finind his stairs up to his door. There is 5 similar stairs in this house LOL So I am all the time out the porch calling for him so he can see which one to choose from .
What are you going to knit? Has Abby been to a surgery? It looks like she has been shaved!
Happy Belated Birthday!! Looks like you had a lovely cake...personalized and all :o)
My B-I-G birthday is coming up this year...I'll have to adopt your motto! :o)
Lovely wool colours. What are you going to knit?
I once copied a jumper I had seen in the window of a hugely expensive shop on Piccadilly. All it was was 4 rows of fawn alternating with 4 rows of a variety of lovely colours and a v plain style of jumper. Though I say it myself, it was a huge success. The trick was in the colours used.
Love the hats!
Best
Joyce (no blog)
Post a Comment