Tuesday, 17 May 2011

The Sad State of Affairs

I finished my friend's baby quilt last week, but the weather has been so unbelieveably dark and grim that I have not managed to get a photograph of it yet, so instead of sending it a few days after the baby was born, it will be a week or so before it gets mailed out :-(

But at least now when I am sewing I have company in my messy room...


She doesn't mind the mess or the noisy sewing and washing machines, she just seems to want to be close and that's fine by me!

I SO need to tidy up my sewing area and sort out the overflowing shelves and work surfaces, but with this wet weather I have had to share my limited space with the clothes airer and so there really is (as the saying goes) no room to swing a cat (not that I EVER would swing my precious little furry bundle!!!!!)


I took a photo of my table with the 2 sewing machines on, one in front of the other - I use one sewing machine for making hats and bags and one for making quilts and sometimes, like yesterday, I needed to sew something on both sorts of projects, so my table was full! However, DH had borrowed the camera and hadn't put the memory card back in so I was merrily snapping away and recording nothing of the chaos (probably just as well)...

2 comments:

dutchcomfort said...

Abby sure is good company! Cats never mind sewing chaos!

miss-linny said...

It's not mess it's creative clutter. And a different sort of cat!