Thursday, 16 September 2010

OOPS!

Can you spot the mistake? I got 'sew' excited sewing the berries on...

...I didn't realise I'd sewn them in the wrong place until they were all sewn down!

The original doesn't call for quite so many berries!!

Now I just need to decide whether I am going to take the extra berries off OR whether I am going to increase the number of berries and leaves (and vines) on my border..

Well it will be my quilt after all.
Any thoughts?

18 comments:

Vicki W said...

I think you should scatter berries all over it!

Contented Caroline said...

It'a stunning - i'm thinking that less is more on such a beautiful quilt, there is laredy so much detail I don't think you need to add more. Can't wait to see it finished.

Susan said...

This is a wonderful quilt. You could just add a few berries to balance out what you have done and then call it a masterpiece!

YankeeQuilter said...

I am partial to the berries...but it is your quilt!

wadenest@gmail.com said...

I'm voting off...afterall...that is a lot more work and I think that the focus should be on the flowers more than the berries. So beautiful! Gosh you have put so much work into this! Nichole

Clare said...

I agree with Vicky. Go for it.

antique quilter said...

I love the berries
and yes I agree add a few more leaves!!!
keep going!
beautiful, beautiful
quilt
Kathie

Toni said...

I'm all for not removing/ripping out. Let they be and do what Vickie suggested :)

Anonymous said...

What's a few berries between friends...I can't see any mistakes ;o) The whole thing looks amazing...I can't believe you did it all by hand! Just beautiful!

dutchcomfort said...

I love it, it’s a personal touch! I love Vickie’s idea to fit in more berries!

Unknown said...

I'd definitely go with more berries and leaves - but then you know me you can never have quite enough leaves or berries in my opinion

Pinktulip said...

I know absolutely nothing about quilting, so mine's not the best opinion, but I can tell you I do not see the difference at all. It looks lovely to me. If it bugs you, just add more berries and make it unique to you!

Katie Z. said...

I think the berries are pretty... it just depends on how much more work you want to do, or I would so go for more berries!

Lady of the Cloth said...

I think I would leave them and balance it in another place and call it good, but then I don't like to applique so I'm always looking for reasons to be DONE! It is beautiful, no matter which way you go.

Kim said...

By now you have either removed or added berries so I'll just tell you how beautiful this quilt is - just amazing what a talented quilter can do with needle, thread and a little bit of pretty pretty fabric. I would remove the extra berries, it's far less work than adding more and the quilt design is stunning as it is - I wasn't going to comment on that, just slipped out, oops. :-D

Lynda said...

Depends on how much you like making berries. If you love them, then make more - it'll look bountiful, but if you don't, unpick them quickly before the stitches mark the fabric!

Bec said...

It's stunning! LOve it!

Pascale said...

Well it's your quilt so you have to decide. Either you make it yours with more berries, or even non symetrical sides, or you stick to the pattern, and have less work of course.
I love it anyway,it will be stunning.
Pascale.