Monday, 5 July 2010

So behind..

July already and I've not blogged stuff from June!!

Here goes!!!:
The white corners are in! After a fruitless search for the white rose print, I just ordered some plain Kona white fabric and got on with putting the corners in on my Carolina Lily, the English paper-piecing way.


Now I need to add the borders which I plan to do with papers in as well although that may be tricky. I have pinned the corner flowers ready for stitching together and then appliqueing onto the white. Slow and steady as they say...



The garden is coming on a treat. We could do with a lot more bees, but the mix of hot weather one day and rainy weather the next means everything is thriving.

My roses:


The peas taste good, even if some people are impatient (early) pluckers!!:


Strawberries waiting for some sun:


First courgettes: (Yippeee!)


First cucumber: (Double yippee!!)



I found a wallhanging I had started donkey's years ago. I offered it to my neighbour for a new member of her extended family...

All she has to do is stitch some of the iron-on flowers and butterflies down and add a binding...

(one UFO off my list LOL!!)

The Levens Quilt show was held on the last weekend of June. I went with my neighbour and was very restrained. I only bought one FQ of brown, a box of pins (always need pins!!) and a holiday apron kit type thing. The quilts were great. Here are 2 of my favourites:
L OV E D this one:
And this one: (nice and scrappy yet a nice limited palette)


Then (also in June) was the school Sport's Day which went by in a whizz: :-)



Egg and spoon: (oops! LOL)


Spectators:

Winners:


A nice surprise:
(Although I was informed that "it's only for picnics, not for the bed" - maybe she thought I didn't like it!! I did, it's cute!)


That's all folks. See you in August at this rate:-)))

9 comments:

YankeeQuilter said...

love how the lillies are coming along...looks like a great year or gardening there!

wadenest@gmail.com said...

Oh Karol...this is just so beautiful! Your quilt is PERFECT and just stunning! So neat to see it displayed in full! Been wondering how you are and what you've been doing. :) Talk to you soon! Nichole

Knot Garden said...

The Carolina Lily is looking gorgeous. Your garden is doing so well too, we could do with some of your rain!

Elsie Montgomery said...

Nice to see all the pictures... and your quilt is really lovely. Hope you have a wonderful summer!

Anonymous said...

Great round up of June...it is such a busy time of year that it is no surprise that the days seem to flip by faster than ever.

Mad about Craft said...

It is very scary how time goes!! A very depressing thought - it will be Christmas soon!!! (Don't shoot the messenger!!)

Pinktulip said...

Your quilt is gorgeous! I think the white background is stunning. Such a lot of detail!! Your pics of the school sports day bring back many memories for me. Aren't they cute when they run? It's amazing that at that small age they don't really care about winning yet, only finishing. My youngest son could not even finish a short race! He got sidetracked halfway if he saw something interesting. He always had a strong mind!

Lynda said...

The Carolina Lily is looking fabulous, and mixing up fabrics is what quilting is all about! I also love your hexagon roses quilt - is it finished?

Bec said...

Love your quilt! It is beautiful! The garden looks lovely, making me hungry and wishing for spring to get our garden going! The two quilts from the quitl show are just beautiful!